Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nothing wrong about being a newbie since the owner of thes post have no idea as well.

Possible solutions: Recently I released a EFI for 10.14.3, so if you haven’t tried that go try that first. For what you are encounter here, I recommend replace the VooDooPS2 Kext in /Kext with the VooDooPS2 in the kexts/legacy folder. Then try wake the laptop up using the two big left and right buttons for the track point. (In theory, it should wake up after you open the lid, but worth a try).

I encourage you go research more about this issue and please post your discoveries!
thanks, I'll try it later, I am trying to get the BT working, the story is, I just replace the intel 9560 with the bcm943602cs, without any additional kext(for example the brcm* kext), the wifi works,both 2.4G and 5G. then I put my ASUS BT400 usb adapter in my x1e, copy the latest BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E, run the kextcache -i /, and reboot the machine. I stuck at the white apple booting, so I force down it and reboot to the clover, add the boot arg '-f' and boot again,I got the macos back, I test the BT, try to add a Logitech bluetooth mouse, it works normally. so I must to figure out what cause the booting stuck, Can you give some advices again? is there some kext cause the symptom?
my clover kext folder contains:

sorry for my terrible English.

Edit:
I try to boot with verbose to collect logs, unexpected it boot to macOS,then I tried boot again normally, got macOS again,so it seems has no problem with bt400, the wifi and bt both work fine. Thank you guys.

Edit2:
I am experiencing the pain of bcm943602cs causing a crash. Today I found that in windows10, as long as the wireless network is connected to wifi, windows will hang in a few minutes, and it is completely dead. In macOS, after connecting to wifi for a few minutes, it will reset directly.

Last edited:
hello,Errrneist. My laptop X1 extreme is the same as yours. When I use your EFI and zysuper’s without dsdt patch to install 10.14.3, it’s crash with ACPI error loop again and again, any help?

hello,Errrneist. My laptop X1 extreme is the same as yours. When I use your EFI and zysuper’s without dsdt patch to install 10.14.3, it’s crash with ACPI error loop again and again, any help?
View attachment 395173
Maybe try the special edition for installation then replace the EFI files.

thanks, I'll try it later, I am trying to get the BT working, the story is, I just replace the intel 9560 with the bcm943602cs, without any additional kext(for example the brcm* kext), the wifi works,both 2.4G and 5G. then I put my ASUS BT400 usb adapter in my x1e, copy the latest BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /L/E, run the kextcache -i /, and reboot the machine. I stuck at the white apple booting, so I force down it and reboot to the clover, add the boot arg '-f' and boot again,I got the macos back, I test the BT, try to add a Logitech bluetooth mouse, it works normally. so I must to figure out what cause the booting stuck, Can you give some advices again? is there some kext cause the symptom?
my clover kext folder contains:
View attachment 394361

sorry for my terrible English.

Edit:
I try to boot with verbose to collect logs, unexpected it boot to macOS,then I tried boot again normally, got macOS again,so it seems has no problem with bt400, the wifi and bt both work fine. Thank you guys.

Edit2:
I am experiencing the pain of bcm943602cs causing a crash. Today I found that in windows10, as long as the wireless network is connected to wifi, windows will hang in a few minutes, and it is completely dead. In macOS, after connecting to wifi for a few minutes, it will reset directly.
Interesting. I never experience that weird issue. Assuming you plugged it in right, did you get a quality adapter?

Hi, I read through the Github repo and this thread. I might be overlooking it, but just curious if you used Uni-beast/Multi-beast or did a Vanilla install?

Hi, I read through the Github repo and this thread. I might be overlooking it, but just curious if you used Uni-beast/Multi-beast or did a Vanilla install?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Clover is hanging on my initial boot. See the attached screen of where it is hanging. Just says "End RandomSeed" and a bunch of plus signs... been like that for about 30 minutes. This with the verbose flag on.

Difference is all I can get from the App Store currently is 10.14.4. System as 2x 1TB 970 EVO. Windows 10 is already installed on and wanting to install macOS to the other.

Followed this guide pretty closely:

And copied this directory to mine this from Errrnest's repo:

Here is my repo that contains what is in the CLOVER, drivers64UEFI, and kexts/Other:

Figured a link to a repo would be more desirable than a .zip... downloading, decompressing, etc. Let me know if I should still zip.
actually a zip is more preferable, also have a search for End Randomseed

Running into the "End Randomseed" of which there are already an abundance of threads on. Problem is I’ve gone through a few dozen and not getting anywhere.

They all have to do with memory but fall into three categories:

1. RAM not in the correct slots
  • Solution: move them physically (for example if four slots)
  • X1E only has two slots: I’ve tried with one removed, and then the other… nothing
2. SMBIOS entry missing for the slots and RAM
  • Solution: map them in config.plist or in SMBIOS with Clover Configurator
  • Have done this with Clover Configurator… nothing (see the attached config.plist)
3. Updating Clover removes *MemoryFix*
  • Solution: updating Clover is removing AptioMemoryFix-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or whatever fix was there initially, just replace it
  • Doesn’t apply for me because I don’t have a previous Hackitosh install, trying to do my first Hackintosh
  • Whatever files I put on the EFI of USB are still there when I check the EFI after a failed attempt
Otherwise have followed the guide... basically have it memorized by now.

Deviations from Errrneist’s Setup
  • 2x 1TB 970 Evo (Windows 10 on one, nothing on the other)
  • 64GB RAM (DATARAM 32GBx2 2666Mhz)
  • Mojave 10.14.4 (only version I can get from App Store)
Clover Versions
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4658.RM-4903.ca9576f3
  • Even tried UniBeast 9.1.0 – Mojave (just hangs on the Apple logo when not using -v; with -v "End RandomSeed")
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI variations (USB2.0 and USB3.0 devices; different USB ports)

Minimum
(P1LGRIM recommended):
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AptioMemoryFix-64 (or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64)
  • FSInject-64
  • HFSPlus
RehabMan Clover Defaults:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AppleImageLoader-64
  • DataHubDxe-64 (black screen unless this is here)
  • FsInject-64
  • SMCHelper-64
  • HFSPlus (added)
Errrneist X1E:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AppleImageLoader-64
  • AppleKeyFeeder-64
  • AppleUISupport-64
  • AptioInputFix-64
  • FSInject-64
  • HFSPlus
  • SMCHelper-64
  • VBoxHfs-64
The Minimum variation just results in a black screen after Clover boot. The first boot it restarts after about 10 seconds. Boot from USB again and it just sits on the black screen indefinitely.

The other variations, I add one .EFI at a time trying to boot from it after each addition just to see what happens. Black screen until DataHubDxe-64 is added. Just results in the “End RandomSeed”. Some people have said that using both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv fixed their issue... again, not here.

Kexts
config.plist
Kind of stumped here regarding what else to try.

Attached screenshot and EFI.zip.

Attachments

• 20190404_163051.jpg
    20190404_163051.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 194
  • EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 179
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 184
Running into the "End Randomseed" of which there are already an abundance of threads on. Problem is I’ve gone through a few dozen and not getting anywhere.

They all have to do with memory but fall into three categories:

1. RAM not in the correct slots
  • Solution: move them physically (for example if four slots)
  • X1E only has two slots: I’ve tried with one removed, and then the other… nothing
2. SMBIOS entry missing for the slots and RAM
  • Solution: map them in config.plist or in SMBIOS with Clover Configurator
  • Have done this with Clover Configurator… nothing (see the attached config.plist)
3. Updating Clover removes *MemoryFix*
  • Solution: updating Clover is removing AptioMemoryFix-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 or whatever fix was there initially, just replace it
  • Doesn’t apply for me because I don’t have a previous Hackitosh install, trying to do my first Hackintosh
  • Whatever files I put on the EFI of USB are still there when I check the EFI after a failed attempt
Otherwise have followed the guide... basically have it memorized by now.

Deviations from Errrneist’s Setup
  • 2x 1TB 970 Evo (Windows 10 on one, nothing on the other)
  • 64GB RAM (DATARAM 32GBx2 2666Mhz)
  • Mojave 10.14.4 (only version I can get from App Store)
Clover Versions
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c
  • Clover_v2.4k_r4658.RM-4903.ca9576f3
  • Even tried UniBeast 9.1.0 – Mojave (just hangs on the Apple logo when not using -v; with -v "End RandomSeed")
EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI variations (USB2.0 and USB3.0 devices; different USB ports)

Minimum
(P1LGRIM recommended):
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • FSInject-64
  • HFSPlus
RehabMan Clover Defaults:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AppleImageLoader-64
  • FsInject-64
  • SMCHelper-64
  • HFSPlus (added)
Errrneist X1E:
  • ApfsDriverLoader-64
  • AppleImageLoader-64
  • AppleKeyFeeder-64
  • AppleUISupport-64
  • AptioInputFix-64
  • FSInject-64
  • HFSPlus
  • SMCHelper-64
  • VBoxHfs-64
The Minimum variation just results in a black screen after Clover boot. The first boot it restarts after about 10 seconds. Boot from USB again and it just sits on the black screen indefinitely.

The other variations, I add one .EFI at a time trying to boot from it after each addition just to see what happens. Black screen until DataHubDxe-64 is added. Just results in the “End RandomSeed”. Some people have said that using both AptioMemoryFix and OsxAptioFix3Drv fixed their issue... again, not here.

Kexts
config.plist
Kind of stumped here regarding what else to try.

Attached screenshot and EFI.zip.

Ok, got passed this finally after coming across this post.

Downloaded the latest non-RehabMan Clover and just copied Errrneist's Kexts, config.plist (sans my RAM entries), and drivers64UEFI. Was still the same issue, so thought I'd check the memory again: removed one and then the other.

It finally worked when I only had the right RAM module in by itself (right if the laptop is upside down with the cover off and the back of the laptop is facing you... easier to access the RAM that way).

Started to hang at "End RandomSeed" then a bunch of other lines started printing to the screen. After a few minutes, Apple logo came up and went to the installer. Started following post #2 in the guide.

Not sure if it fully installed. It was near the end and then the laptop just restarted. End of Phase 1, I guess.

Booted from the macOS partition per the guide (step 5) via the Clover USB, black screen with Apple logo, with a progress bar that took a while before restarting. End of Phase 2, I guess.

Tried to boot from the partition again per step 8. Stuck in a ACPI error method parse/execution loop now. I'll dig into that one further. Haven't had much time yet, but at least making progress.

Last edited:
Ok, got passed this finally after coming across this post.

Downloaded the latest non-RehabMan Clover and just copied Errrneist's Kexts, config.plist (sans my RAM entries), and drivers64UEFI. Was still the same issue, so thought I'd check the memory again: removed one and then the other.

It finally worked when I only had the right RAM module in by itself (right if the laptop is upside down with the cover off and the back of the laptop is facing you... easier to access the RAM that way).

Started to hang at "End RandomSeed" then a bunch of other lines started printing to the screen. After a few minutes, Apple logo came up and went to the installer. Started following post #2 in the guide.

Not sure if it fully installed. It was near the end and then the laptop just restarted. End of Phase 1, I guess.

Booted from the macOS partition per the guide (step 5) via the Clover USB, black screen with Apple logo, with a progress bar that took a while before restarting. End of Phase 2, I guess.

Tried to boot from the partition again per step 8. Stuck in a ACPI error method parse/execution loop now. I'll dig into that one further. Haven't had much time yet, but at least making progress.

Hmmmmmmmm such a weird issue! No idea...maybe you got a laptop with bad memory slot? That is what I can think of right now...could be wrong. When in doubt, asking Lenovo for a motherboard replacement is always an option...just tell them memory module constantly stops working. It might take forever for them to ship the laptop back to you though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back