Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also got a brand new X1 Extreme, and I've been fighting with it trying to get Mojave installed.

I was able to get Clover to boot the Mojave installer from my USB drive. The installer actually runs for a little while, until the progress bar is about 90% accross. When it gets to about 2 minutes remaining, it crashes every time. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

I'm attaching a slightly blurry photo of the kernel panic screen (It's really hard to photograph!), and my Clover folder (without themes).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'm all ears.
try only having essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

also may be worth reading up on the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

try only having essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

also may be worth reading up on the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Alright, I tried again with only these:
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
and it crashed before even getting to the apple logo. I was booting verbose, and all the text suddenly turned all garbled/corrupted looking and I got this "circle with a line through it" symbol in the center of the screen. (see attached IMG_2526.JPG)

Then I tried again with those same 4 kexts, plus USBInjectAll.kext. That combination seems to be enough to get the MacOS installer to run, but it still crashes at 2 minutes remaining on the install. (see attached IMG_2535.JPG)

Attachments

• IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 215
Alright, I tried again with only these:
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
and it crashed before even getting to the apple logo. I was booting verbose, and all the text suddenly turned all garbled/corrupted looking and I got this "circle with a line through it" symbol in the center of the screen. (see attached IMG_2526.JPG)

Then I tried again with those same 4 kexts, plus USBInjectAll.kext. That combination seems to be enough to get the MacOS installer to run, but it still crashes at 2 minutes remaining on the install. (see attached IMG_2535.JPG)
try this EFI build to install

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 125
try this EFI build to install

I tried with that build twice. (forgot to select "dont reboot on panic" the first time). Unfortunately I'm getting the same result every time. The macOS installer boots up, and acts like it's working, then crashes with "about 2 minutes remaining."

EDIT:
For what it's worth, I found a ****** thread where a couple people were having a similar issue of the Mojave installer crashing at the same point every time. They managed to get it working just by booting from the newly created MacOS partition on the hard drive, and running the installer from there.

I tried that, but I can't get that new partition to boot at all. It kernel panics before it even finishes the verbose boot. :(

Attachments

• IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2545.JPG
    IMG_2545.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
WX20190116-014314.png

:p I got it! thinks for your EFI files!

:p I got it! thinks for your EFI files!

What EFI files did you use? Did you make any modifications or changes to any of the files? the config.plist?

I've also got a brand new X1 Extreme, and I've been fighting with it trying to get Mojave installed.

I was able to get Clover to boot the Mojave installer from my USB drive. The installer actually runs for a little while, until the progress bar is about 90% accross. When it gets to about 2 minutes remaining, it crashes every time. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

I'm attaching a slightly blurry photo of the kernel panic screen (It's really hard to photograph!), and my Clover folder (without themes).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Had the same issues. NOt sure what I did but first in Bios disable secure boot and anything security related. Boot to USB with clover, use diskutil to format your drive and and install MacOSx as normal. I got somewhat of a crash with 2 min left but its not a crash. Make sure after the crash/reboot that you boot to the USB drive again. YOu should see two choices to install and not one. Choose the first one. Sorry I forgot the wording. If it takes you to install MacOSX then its the wrong one. THe installation should resume for another 5-8 minutes.
Remember to always boot to USB until you install Clover to your main SSD so you dont need your USB to boot.

Had the same issues. NOt sure what I did but first in Bios disable secure boot and anything security related. Boot to USB with clover, use diskutil to format your drive and and install MacOSx as normal. I got somewhat of a crash with 2 min left but its not a crash. Make sure after the crash/reboot that you boot to the USB drive again. YOu should see two choices to install and not one. Choose the first one. Sorry I forgot the wording. If it takes you to install MacOSX then its the wrong one. THe installation should resume for another 5-8 minutes.
Remember to always boot to USB until you install Clover to your main SSD so you dont need your USB to boot.

OK. My BIOS is all setup according to the Laptop Guide. Secure boot is disabled, etc.

I can't tell if I'm making progress or just running in circles trying the same things over and over.

When the macOS installer crashes at "2 minutes remaining" it is no longer showing a kernel panic at that point, it's just rebooting itself. When it reboots, it boots from the USB, and loads Clover. Clover then shows two Apple options: "boot from install_osx" (my USB installer), or "boot from MacHD" (the internal SSD that I'm trying to install on).

So I select "boot from MacHD" (the internal SSD), and before it is able to boot anything it gives me an almost identical kernel panic to the one I was getting before...

Attachments

• DSC_1074.jpg
    DSC_1074.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
Put your internal SSD on the 2nd slot. I have two slots. The Windows SSD Nvme is on slot 1. The mac SSD is on slot 2. Even though my mac ssd is NVMe, the bios lists it as SATA, I guess Slot 2 is not NVMe but only slot 1. Perhaps that will get your install going.
Also on my USB I copied all the kexts to the kexts/other directory

Anyone run Geekbench 4.0? I'm getting a very slow 9000 for the 64-bit benchmark score. My 5 year old Macbook pro is 15000. Video Open CL slow as well compared to my 5 year old Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back