Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

boot verbose mode to see where it takes it's time

Sorry for the potato quality photo. It seems to hang in here but I honestly don't understand what I'm looking at.

I'm installing macosx in a second physical NVMe drive. My specs are very similar to OP's.

Sorry for the potato quality photo. It seems to hang in here but I honestly don't understand what I'm looking at.

I'm installing macosx in a second physical NVMe drive. My specs are very similar to OP's.
you will need to upload your problem reporting files

Is there much of a point to do that when I'm using OP's EFI release from his github repository directly?
I just installed Clover on my SSD and literally replaced the contents from EFI directory in the EFI partition with OP's.

https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackintosh-Thinkpad-X1-Extreme/releases/download/v10.14.0.1/EFI.zip

By now I realized simply replacing the contents is not enough, or maybe his EFI release is supposed to be used only as a reference and not directly. I'm complete newbie.

Is there much of a point to do that when I'm using OP's EFI release from his github repository directly?
I just installed Clover on my SSD and literally replaced the contents from EFI directory in the EFI partition with OP's.

https://github.com/Errrneist/Hackintosh-Thinkpad-X1-Extreme/releases/download/v10.14.0.1/EFI.zip

By now I realized simply replacing the contents is not enough, or maybe his EFI release is supposed to be used only as a reference and not directly. I'm complete newbie.
upload here please, don't ask people trying to help you go off to try and find the files that you are using

Thank you for your response. The P1 is the same laptop as your X1 extreme with xeon CPU and quadro GPU being the only different components. I managed to get it to work after 3 day on playing around with the bios and the config.plist files. (thank you for providing them in you post.) I got a duel boot windows 10 pro/Mac OS Mojave. I got USB to work and I am trying to get wifi working now. Did you have to replace the wifi card in you X1 extreme or did you add a kext to get it to work? Thanks again

Hi, can you share your working EFI folder for hackintosh Thinkpad P1. I have the same spec P1 except mine is quadro1000.

Just a heads up for my fellow X1 Extreme users. DO NOT DISABLE AUDIO IN THE BIOS. Your Thinkpad will go into a bootloop and you won't be able to get out of it... I'm currently awaiting a motherboard replacement...

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. The P1 is the same laptop as your X1 extreme with xeon CPU and quadro GPU being the only different components. I managed to get it to work after 3 day on playing around with the bios and the config.plist files. (thank you for providing them in you post.) I got a duel boot windows 10 pro/Mac OS Mojave. I got USB to work and I am trying to get wifi working now. Did you have to replace the wifi card in you X1 extreme or did you add a kext to get it to work? Thanks again

My friend has the same problem of P1, how can you solve it?

I've also got a brand new X1 Extreme, and I've been fighting with it trying to get Mojave installed.

I was able to get Clover to boot the Mojave installer from my USB drive. The installer actually runs for a little while, until the progress bar is about 90% accross. When it gets to about 2 minutes remaining, it crashes every time. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

I'm attaching a slightly blurry photo of the kernel panic screen (It's really hard to photograph!), and my Clover folder (without themes).

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• panic.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 166
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back