Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Errrneist, Thank you for your guide. I just got a Thinkpad P1 with the 2.6Ghz i7 8850H 32GB RAM and the Quadro P2000. I tried to install MacOS Mojave on a second SSD but the laptop goes into a black screen whenever I try to boot from he usb installer. I was wondering is there anything I need to change in the bios to be able to boot from the usb installer? Also, if I install MacOS Sierra would my Nvidia graphics card be recognized? Thank you for your help, I am a complete noob with it comes to PCs and Hackintoshing. The P1 is my first PC ever.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Errrneist, Thank you for your guide. I just got a Thinkpad P1 with the 2.6Ghz i7 8850H 32GB RAM and the Quadro P2000. I tried to install MacOS Mojave on a second SSD but the laptop goes into a black screen whenever I try to boot from he usb installer. I was wondering is there anything I need to change in the bios to be able to boot from the usb installer? Also, if I install MacOS Sierra would my Nvidia graphics card be recognized? Thank you for your help, I am a complete noob with it comes to PCs and Hackintoshing. The P1 is my first PC ever.

I do not have a P1, so I cannot provide you much instructions. What you can do now is go grab the Unibeast and do a standard install and see if it will install (Remember to include VoodooPS2 kext otherwise it will cause you a lot of pain by no mouse or keyboard input). After a successful install you obtain a working clover efi, and gradually add in everything I have in my EFI, figure out what works. Make sure secure boot is disabled in BIOS.

NVIDIA dGPU will not work.

PM981 is really a catastrophe for Hackintosh, hence I wonder how you solved the kernel panic due to this SSD?

I do not have a P1, so I cannot provide you much instructions. What you can do now is go grab the Unibeast and do a standard install and see if it will install (Remember to include VoodooPS2 kext otherwise it will cause you a lot of pain by no mouse or keyboard input). After a successful install you obtain a working clover efi, and gradually add in everything I have in my EFI, figure out what works. Make sure secure boot is disabled in BIOS.

NVIDIA dGPU will not work.
Thank you for your response. The P1 is the same laptop as your X1 extreme with xeon CPU and quadro GPU being the only different components. I managed to get it to work after 3 day on playing around with the bios and the config.plist files. (thank you for providing them in you post.) I got a duel boot windows 10 pro/Mac OS Mojave. I got USB to work and I am trying to get wifi working now. Did you have to replace the wifi card in you X1 extreme or did you add a kext to get it to work? Thanks again

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about ordering a X1 extreme. I have 3 questions.

1. Will this build work with the i7-8750H processor?

2. Does thunderbolt 3 work?

3. Is it only Mojave and up that will install? Or will older version such as El Capitan install as well?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

First of all, thanks Errrneist your configs got me going.

I received my X1 Extreme 2 days ago and I'm just starting to try and make everything work in Mac OS.

I had a question regarding the Nvidia card. If in the Bios I switch from Hybrid Graphics to Discrete, Mac OS seem to recognise a non descripted Nvidia card. So, if Nvidia drivers are finally released for Mojave it should be working right? Only on the Nvidia card so it will probably kill the battery life but not a huge issue for me.

Anyway, if I'd switch it back in forth in the Bios I could choose which to use?

And to answer some of Lifecrest's questions
2. Does thunderbolt 3 work?

Not sure about TB3 but I got my Blackmagic Mini Monitor TB2 recognized via an apple TB2-TB3 adapter. No hotswap at this time.

3. Is it only Mojave and up that will install? Or will older version such as El Capitan install as well?

I tried to install High Sierra with 15,2 and 14,3 SMBIOS and clover wouldn't let me because the OS is not compatible. But I know Errrneist did it. El Capitan is way too old I think to work with the hardware in the X1 Extreme.

Hi Errrneist. I'm a complete newbie so please bare with me.
I'm using your EFI release directly with no changes, but I'm experiencing very long boot times. I mean over 10 minute long.
Once it loads into macOS everything seems stable. The issue is it just takes so much time to get there. Is this normal?
I checked with Clover Configurator and there are no Debug flags active.

Nobody here will be getting naked with you.
Well, that's disappointing :(
My apologies lol. English is not my first language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back