Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [macOS 10.15.0] Thinkpad X1 Extreme Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a precision touchpad so its connected on SMBUS and PS2. This can be verified in with lscpi in linux. It *should* be possible to get the gestures working with vooodooi2c if it can be seen via SMBUS, similar to how this kext sees the elan trackpad- https://github.com/gokula/ELANSMBus

On another note is the X1 extreme trackpad glass? how does it feel? I have a T480 and am would love to upgrade the trackpad
I think it is glass (At least it feels like glass and is awesome)

OK. I've got a new (second) SSD installed, and I got MacOS installed and running! Most things are working perfectly, but there are a few issues still to work out.

Working:
  • Wifi
  • Ethernet (via Lenovo adapter)
  • Battery status
  • Volume control buttons
  • USB 2.0
  • iMessage & Facetime
Not working:
  • USB 3.0 (the USB ports work fine with USB2 devices, but will not even power up a USB3 device)
  • SDXC card reader (I suspect this is related to the USB3 issue)
  • Brightness control buttons
Does anyone have any suggestions for trouble-shooting these not-working items?
May I ask does your wifi work out of the box? Do you use any special kext files?
My Intel 9260 wireless card does not work at all, and I don't find place to by Dell 1830.. sad

May I ask does your wifi work out of the box? Do you use any special kext files?
My Intel 9260 wireless card does not work at all, and I don't find place to by Dell 1830.. sad

Please read more about the wifi and bluetooth issue in the GitHub readme.md page as well as the several issues that we discussed about the situation. It is much more complex than you think and I don't want to restate it since it is a lot of work.

Long story short, we used a self customized designed wireless card adapter to get wifi and bluetooth working. Intel wireless cards would not work in any system, and you will only get wifi support from DW1830.

dw1560 aka bcm94352z should work too

Maybe it is indeed a Catalina issue. The touchscreen was working in 10.14.

**EDIT**
I feel like it is probably a kext compatibility issue for Catalina (Since the repo owner hasn't updated VoodooL2C for a while, definitely not for Catalina) I guess we shall wait for the Catalina version of the kext and also a good note to you that when you upgrade to Catalina you might lost touchscreen support. I will make a note of that in readme.MD when I have time.
Can you attach a troubleshooting archive? VoodooI2C/HID was reported to be working in Catalina.
No one in the dev team is using 10.15, but other users were able to use it.

Please read more about the wifi and bluetooth issue in the GitHub readme.md page as well as the several issues that we discussed about the situation. It is much more complex than you think and I don't want to restate it since it is a lot of work.

Long story short, we used a self customized designed wireless card adapter to get wifi and bluetooth working. Intel wireless cards would not work in any system, and you will only get wifi support from DW1830.

I have fixed it by using a USB wifi adapter (Link here) and manually installing the Realtek8811AU driver here.
Unfortunately, Catalina don't support this driver so I have to downgrade back to Mojave (a.k.a reinstall the system).

My DW1820A is on the way, which should solve my problem also (I don't care about bluetooth).

Now the last issue is that my two-finger trackpad scrolling is very slow (have changed it to fastest in System Prefences -> Accessibility), any help how to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I have fixed it by using a USB wifi adapter (Link here) and manually installing the Realtek8811AU driver here.
Unfortunately, Catalina don't support this driver so I have to downgrade back to Mojave (a.k.a reinstall the system).

My DW1820A is on the way, which should solve my problem also (I don't care about bluetooth).

Now the last issue is that my two-finger trackpad scrolling is very slow (have changed it to fastest in System Prefences -> Accessibility), any help how to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated!

Try Chris1111 Wireless USB Adapter Driver V5. It supports MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 2.

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter/releases/tag/V5

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter

I have Mojave and it works fine with similar USB wifi adapter.

I have the DW1820A card. Has issues with stability and bluetooth drop out. I gave up with the DW1820A and used the USB WiFi adapter instead. It is more stable.

Try Chris1111 Wireless USB Adapter Driver V5. It supports MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta 2.

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter/releases/tag/V5

https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter

I have Mojave and it works fine with similar USB wifi adapter.

I have the DW1820A card. Has issues with stability and bluetooth drop out. I gave up with the DW1820A and used the USB WiFi adapter instead. It is more stable.

Thanks for your informaiton. BTW I kinda solved the trackpad problem by tweaking the VoodooPS2ControllerTrackpad kext. It is still not smooth but works better.

May I ask what is the part # of your DW1820A card?

Thanks for your informaiton. BTW I kinda solved the trackpad problem by tweaking the VoodooPS2ControllerTrackpad kext. It is still not smooth but works better.

May I ask what is the part # of your DW1820A card?
The DW1820A card is Part # CN-0VW3T3 that is meant to work. Tried two times previously (a couple of months ago) with only 2.4 GHz speed and no 5 GHz access. Bluetooth audio would drop out shortly after starting, and was distorted at times. The Hackintosh would shut down or start with errors and sometimes freeze.

Also I triple boot into Windows 10 and Linux and found the DW1820A does not give good download speed. Maybe a problem with the drivers. Anyway I am happy with the WiFi USB adapter as gives good speed on 5 GHz and starts almost straight away on login and from sleep. The original Atheros QCA6174 card on my XPS 9360 will not work on WiFi in macOS but does work with Bluetooth.

Maybe the forum you have mentioned have found ways to get it to work. But I am happy to stay with the USB WiFi adapter it saves a lot of hassles getting the DW1820A working.

The DW1820A card is Part # CN-0VW3T3 that is meant to work. Tried two times previously (a couple of months ago) with only 2.4 GHz speed and no 5 GHz access. Bluetooth audio would drop out shortly after starting, and was distorted at times. The Hackintosh would shut down or start with errors and sometimes freeze.

Also I triple boot into Windows 10 and Linux and found the DW1820A does not give good download speed. Maybe a problem with the drivers. Anyway I am happy with the WiFi USB adapter as gives good speed on 5 GHz and starts almost straight away on login and from sleep. The original Atheros QCA6174 card on my XPS 9360 will not work on WiFi in macOS but does work with Bluetooth.

Maybe the forum you have mentioned have found ways to get it to work. But I am happy to stay with the USB WiFi adapter it saves a lot of hassles getting the DW1820A working.

My DW1820A is still on the way so I don't know whether it will work yet. Will update when I got a chance to try it.
BTW I met another mysterious problem (and find a workaround): sometimes the Audio stops working after wakeup.
If it happens, I just unload and reload the CodecCommander kext, and the sound comes back again. (I tried tweak with the Darkwake argument, seems not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back