Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having a ton of problems upgrading from 10.13.6 to 10.14.4 on my three year old Hack (Gigabyte
GA-Z97X-UD3H (v 1.2)/i5-4690K/Integrated Graphics/16GB RAM/Crucial MX500 1TB SSD), I decided to wait on doing the next two incremental upgrades of 10.14 since it required a Clover update. Today I upgraded my Clover install to V2.4k r4934 with MultiBeast 11.3.0 (from a USB stick) and then ran the 10.14.6 update from the System Preferences Software Update panel. It restarted at least twice and then I was back up and running. Sound and ethernet worked fine out of the box (I don't use Sleep). I did have to log out of iCloud and then log back in to get iMessage to work again. I'm a happy camper.

Updated without problem.

I did not update to latest lilu or whatevergreen kext, I'm on Clover 4920.

Updated using the system preference, one click and that's it.

I was worry it won't work on a X99 system but it went well.

Last edited:
Update worked for me with no issues. I was previously running Mojave 10.14.5 with Clover 4910. I started the install from System Preferences and after 3 reboots, I was running 10.14.6!

Everything went smooth but now I can't change fanspeed and HWMonitor keeps asking me for a password to install new "helper tool" everytime I try to change the fanspeed. Doesn't seem to be changing either, did anyone else have any issues with fakeSMC sensors and HWMonitor not changing the fanspeed this update?

Edit: got it sorted with the binary at https://github.com/kzlekk/HWSensors/releases/tag/6.26 instead of the pkg, don't know why it worked this time around and not the others but the binary did work for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 2.09.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 2.09.17 PM.png
    166 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Updated, some issues...

While updating, after a couple of reboots it stayed on the installation boot saying installer data was missing. Rebooted and manually selected the Mojave boot and after a couple of trials it boots there, still running like that an a pain to boot each time. Once booted 10.14.6 (18G103) appears to work correctly, so installation did completed but missed the last bit of the procedure.

The preferred boot is still the installer and keeps doing the same thing, the synthesized volume still appears, as expected, given the issues, check the attachment. Any ideas how to erase it without messing the OS?? I guess just by doing so it will go back to normal.

Any help appreciated.
Regards.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 08.42.35.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 08.42.35.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back