Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have a look at this:
Thanks, as I stated in my post, my system is running normal w/out these missing drivers from my current EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, which was created when I updated to Clover r5000
So, i'm still wondering what these drivers do, as it's apparent my system hasn't needed them. At least I haven't so far noticed any weird behavior or glitch.

Thanks, as I stated in my post, my system is running normal w/out these missing drivers from my current EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, which was created when I updated to Clover r5000
So, i'm still wondering what these drivers do, as it's apparent my system hasn't needed them. At least I haven't so far noticed any weird behavior or glitch.

Have a look in your Library/Extensions folder, as that is the recommended location for kext files. It is where KextBeast, for example, puts them if you have used that at any time to install Kexts.

This update fixed two issues for me:
- waking from sleep didn't work (black screen, keyboard and mouse worked, IGPU just didn't wake)
- YouTube videos in fullscreen would go black screen after a second or two of inactivity and reappear on any input

I'm using 8700K's IGPU

No problem updating, 17 minutes from download to desktop. Very nice!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 3.02.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 3.02.46 PM.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 92
Should there be anything in Drivers>BIOS folder? It is empty.

@elfcake,

After a clean install of Clover r5018 on a USB I have the following efi drivers in the Folder /EFI/Clover/Drivers/BIOS
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi
  • FSInject.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
  • XhciDxe.efi
ApfsDriverLoader.efi, FSInject.efi and SMCHelper.efi are also in /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI which I selected in the Clover Installer along with the others that I selected.

I did not select AudioDxe.efi or XhciDxe.efi so those must have been installed by default.

As I wrote in this post :-

The Clover installer will not update an existing Clover install so i think its best to do a clean/fresh install on to a USB stick and then merge your existing config files ... etc, then copy the new Clover folder to your boot EFI partition.

Cheers
Jay

@elfcake,

After a clean install of Clover r5018 on a USB I have the following efi drivers in the Folder /EFI/Clover/Drivers/BIOS
  • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
  • AudioDxe.efi
  • FSInject.efi
  • SMCHelper.efi
  • XhciDxe.efi
ApfsDriverLoader.efi, FSInject.efi and SMCHelper.efi are also in /EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI which I selected in the Clover Installer along with the others that I selected.

I did not select AudioDxe.efi or XhciDxe.efi so those must have been installed by default.

As I wrote in this post :-

The Clover installer will not update an existing Clover install so i think its best to do a clean/fresh install on to a USB stick and then merge your existing config files ... etc, then copy the new Clover folder to your boot EFI partition.

Cheers
Jay
Unfortunately, I installed after I did the 10.14.6 update and before I read your post. Will this mess up the "system"?

Additionally, I have VirtualSMC.efi in Drivers>UEFI and drivers64UEFI. Can this be correct?

Updated my Sandy Bridge desktop from AS from 10.14.5. Had to manually select correct disk on second boot. Using USB stick for sound. All works as before.

Unfortunately, I installed after I did the 10.14.6 update and before I read your post. Will this mess up the "system"? Additionally, I have VirtualSMC.efi in Drivers>UEFI and drivers64UEFI. Can this be correct?

@elfcake,

As detailed in that post Clover r5000+ does not use the drivers64UEFI folder anymore, so it is unlikely to cause an issue.

Please note that this is not a general help thread, if you need further help, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back