Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost sound. I am running the latest AppleALC.kext.

@kewlbass,

Don't forget, this is not a help thread

Would have been nice to make it more clear to those not following the bleeding edge dev updates that the Clover UEFI drivers directory structure was being reorganized, and/or making the installer be a bit smarter as to migrating existing installed Clover drivers over to the new structure a bit more robust.

FYI

Clover Rev 5000 and later has a new folder structure for the EFI drivers ...
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/BIOS ...... (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64)
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI ....... (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI)
Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 13.44.40.png

This information is detailed in the official Clover changes thread :-

As detailed in that post, the Clover installer will not automatically migrate/update an existing Clover install. If you run the installer with your current boot EFI partition as the target it will create the new folder structure and install a default set of EFI drivers (or the ones that you select to install) but it will not move your existing EFI drivers to the new folders.

Rather than Installing Clover over an existing Clover install which as many users have found can cause boot issues, I found it easer to format a USB flash drive with GUID Partition scheme / HFS+ and then run the latest (r5000 +) Clover installer and install a fresh new/clean install of Clover on to it making sure I selected all of the EFI drivers i needed.

I then copied my working config.plist, DSDT and SSDT's files, kexts, themes .. etc on to it and tested that it worked by booting from it. Once I was happy that everything was working correctly I updated my systems EFI Boot partition by deleting the old Clover folder and copying the new one from the USB, you will also need to also copy the new BOOTX64.efi file in the BOOT folder.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I have: Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB
after Mojave 10.14.6 combo update "Apple SSD Controller" changed to "Generic SSD Controller" in NVMExpress tab

I did a little research and so far only Samsung 960 series detects as Apple SSD controller.

Very strange… 10.14.6 update erased my EFI partition, leaving only /EFI/Apple content. Fortunately, I recently upgraded my M.2 drive and had a copy on my old module. All else went fine.

I regularly have an updater glitch, and this occurred again. On first restart of the intaller, I reliably get a crash unless I inject graphic overide using the fake ID 0x12345678 during the clover boot. This may trace to the Intel 530 graphics (but not everyone gets this). Subsequent boots are fine.

Thanks! Updated from 10.14.1 to 10.14.6, went fine. Took about 45 minutes. Don't worry about purple lines and slow loader progress, it will get there, eventually.

I exactly followed the instructions in post #2 by @Stork but when the computer went down for the first reboot, it never came back up. I've tried booting from the Prebooter, the MacOS Install, and my regular install, and nothing happens. Looks like my machine is totally hosed. People keep saying this is not a help thread. Where would I go for help on this? (Attachment shows what I get when I boot verbose.)

UPDATE: I got it working. For some reason when I updated Clover it deleted all of the following files from my EFI>CLOVER>drivers64EUFI folder:

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

I was able to boot into my cloned backup and copy these over from an EFI backup.

All's well that ends well I guess, but why would the Clover updater do that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 283
Last edited:
I exactly followed the instructions in post #2 by @Stork but when the computer went down for the first reboot, it never came back up. I've tried booting from the Prebooter, the MacOS Install, and my regular install, and nothing happens. Looks like my machine is totally hosed. People keep saying this is not a help thread. Where would I go for help on this? (Attachment shows what I get when I boot verbose.)

UPDATE: I got it working. For some reason when I updated Clover it deleted all of the following files from my EFI>CLOVER>drivers64EUFI folder:

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

I was able to boot into my cloned backup and copy these over from an EFI backup.

All's well that ends well I guess, but why would the Clover updater do that?

Which version of Clover did you update to? I guess this is what happened:

FYI

Clover Rev 5000 and later has a new folder structure for its efi drivers ...
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/BIOS (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64)
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI)
This info is detailed in the official Clover changes thread :-

As detailed in that post, the Clover installer does not migrate an old Clover folder structure to the new folder structure, so if your only updating the core Clover components then you must manually create the new folder structure, move the efi drivers to it and delete the old folders.

Rather than update an existing Clover install which as many users have found can cause boot issues, I found it easer to format a USB Memory stick with GUID Partition scheme / HFS+ and then run the 5018 Clover installer and install a fresh new/clean install of Clover on to it. You can then copy your working config.plist, ACPI DSDT and/or SSDT's files, themes .. etc on to it. Then test that it works by booting from it. Once your happy that everything is working correctly you can update your systems EFI Boot partition by copying the EFI folder from the USB.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back