HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.6, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

What we know about 10.14.6 Update so far...
  • macOS Build 18G84
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • Support for AMD Radeon VII graphics cards
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Updated USB drivers- those using Port Limit Removal patch will have to update to new patches for 10.14.6
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.5 Update
macOS 10.14.4 Update
macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update
macOS 10.14.3 Update
macOS 10.14.2 Update
macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers for Mojave as of this date/time. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here. Or you can use the latest MultiBeast for Mojave, v11.3.0.

- Note on pink/purple artifacts at startup:
The pink/purple lines are caused when the Apple AMD driver initializes and tests the dGPU's VRAM. However, it seems that the VRAM test overruns the VRAM memory and spills into the display framebuffer memory causing the pink/purple artifacts.

The latest master builds of Lilu (1.3.8) and WhatEverGreen (1.3.1) work together to disable the AMD VRAM memory test which resolves the issue of the pink/purple artefacts. There is no public binary release of these two kext's yet so you either have to compile both yourself using Xcode or wait for the next public release.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: (Optional - See Note) Update to the latest Clover using the latest MultiBeast for Mojave, v11.3.0 or newer.
Note: If you don't use MultiBeast to update Clover, be advised that Clover r5000+ may cause problems as it revises the Clover folder contents. See Posts #93 & 95 by @EddyMac.

:ch: Update Lilu, WhatEverGreen and AppleALC using KextBeast. (Remove any kexts on your Desktop; place the three kexts on the Desktop; and run KextBeast choosing the /Library/Extensions/ folder. If you have these kexts in .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder, don't use KextBeast, but just drag and drop into the /other/ folder.

:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.6 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.
Note: Update will reboot twice; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.

:ch: If you are updating from 10.14, then you don't need to apply any new Port Limit Removal Patches. If you are updating from macOS before Mojave, apply any 10.14.6 Port Limit Removal Patches:
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit​

Or the Mojave 10.14.6 Port Limit Removal Patches:​

ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Install went smoothly. However "Apple SSD Controller" changed to "Generic SSD Controller" in NVMExpress tab.

No problems at all.

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 3.12.44 PM.png

*Note:
My Radeon VII is on RMA and I have my Vega 56 installed at the moment which is why it shows 8GB. I have my System Information > PCI info populated and was too lazy to change the text from "Radeon VII" back to "Vega 56" since it's just temporary.

Last edited:
All good, except external USB drives appearing as internal.

Upgraded fine
Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 7.30.51 am.png

Upgraded with no troubles... I tested with my pro Apps (final cut, Premiere Pro, After Effects) and the performance with my Radeon VII is quite better, is a lot better... right now this is my main machine and I can notice the diference... and the stability is a lot better too...

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 4.48.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back