Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good on my Video Editing System (see White Knight build in my sig for specs).
I downloaded and ran the 10.14.6 standalone updater as i have several Hacks to update.
I did not update Clover (currently running r4920) or Lilu or any of the plugin's.

Everything went smoothly, took around 10 mins with the usual three reboots.

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.14.22.png

The NVMe that MacOS is on (500GB Samsung SM961/PM961 Series) is detected as Apple SSD Controller, but it detects the 256GB Samsung 950 Pro (used for windows 10) as Generic SSD Controller :-

Screenshot 2019-07-23 at 16.54.41.png

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Updated to latest Lilu and Whatevergreen.

Tried to update to Clover 5018 (latest version) but I kept getting a kernel panic. After several attempts I gave up for now and when back to Clover 4972 which is stable. I may spend more time later to resolve the issues, but I do not have more time right now.

Update to Mac OS X 10.14.6 went smoothly with Clover 4972.

MacOSX10-14-6.jpg

Edit: Clover now correctly updated, see this thread Clover v2.4k to v2.5k updating

Last edited:
Ongoing problem... System "boots" properly on 10.14.? after "update" to 10.4.6 from 10.4.5 (which was working perfectly) on only one of my SSDs, but now booting from neither SSD gives a display. Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ is now not even providing video to monitor from its Display Port to display my BIOS (F12 does nothing). But the computer is active and the HDD activity is there. I updated via Software Update. Tried clearing CMOS, same problem.

Any help here?

[Edit: Solved problems by re-updating again, this time with Combo Update instead of Software Update.]

Last edited:
update was quick and easy! However doesn't seem any different on performance. What was the change?

Update went smoothly. Three reboots and everything working fine afterwards.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 9.32.16 AM.jpg

Ongoing problem... System "boots" properly on 10.14.? after "update" to 10.4.6 from 10.4.5 (which was working perfectly) on only one of my SSDs, but now booting from neither SSD gives a display. Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ is now not even providing video to monitor from its Display Port to display my BIOS (F12 does nothing). But the computer is active and the HDD activity is there. I updated via Software Update. Tried clearing CMOS, same problem.

Any help here?

I'm on the same boat after the 10.14.6 update (black screen with HDMI on RX 580 Pulse), was working fine with kext patches that @foxbox suggested in 10.14.5.

The screen was black also while updating lol.

I can at least login remotely after boots up with my other mac, will try tonight with a Display port cable to my monitor and hopefully works that way. I prefer HDMI as it passes audio to the monitor.

Will try tonight with a Display port cable to my monitor and hopefully works that way. I prefer HDMI as it passes audio to the monitor.

@lutechi,

Display Port also carries HDEF Audio just like HDMI, the DP specification is totally backwards compatible with HDMI.

Cheers
Jay

Updated on Asus Z370-F + Sapphire Nitro Vega 64, all worked Perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back