i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I exactly followed the instructions in post #2 by @Stork but when the computer went down for the first reboot, it never came back up. I've tried booting from the Prebooter, the MacOS Install, and my regular install, and nothing happens. Looks like my machine is totally hosed. People keep saying this is not a help thread. Where would I go for help on this? (Attachment shows what I get when I boot verbose.)

UPDATE: I got it working. For some reason when I updated Clover it deleted all of the following files from my EFI>CLOVER>drivers64EUFI folder:

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

I was able to boot into my cloned backup and copy these over from an EFI backup.

All's well that ends well I guess, but why would the Clover updater do that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630, RTX 2080 Super
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I exactly followed the instructions in post #2 by @Stork but when the computer went down for the first reboot, it never came back up. I've tried booting from the Prebooter, the MacOS Install, and my regular install, and nothing happens. Looks like my machine is totally hosed. People keep saying this is not a help thread. Where would I go for help on this? (Attachment shows what I get when I boot verbose.)

UPDATE: I got it working. For some reason when I updated Clover it deleted all of the following files from my EFI>CLOVER>drivers64EUFI folder:

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

I was able to boot into my cloned backup and copy these over from an EFI backup.

Which version of Clover did you update to? I guess this is what happened:

FYI

Clover Rev 5000 and later has a new folder structure for its efi drivers ...
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/BIOS (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64)
  • /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI (replaces EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI)
This info is detailed in the official Clover changes thread :-

As detailed in that post, the Clover installer does not migrate an old Clover folder structure to the new folder structure, so if your only updating the core Clover components then you must manually create the new folder structure, move the efi drivers to it and delete the old folders.

Rather than update an existing Clover install which as many users have found can cause boot issues, I found it easer to format a USB Memory stick with GUID Partition scheme / HFS+ and then run the 5018 Clover installer and install a fresh new/clean install of Clover on to it. You can then copy your working config.plist, ACPI DSDT and/or SSDT's files, themes .. etc on to it. Then test that it works by booting from it. Once your happy that everything is working correctly you can update your systems EFI Boot partition by copying the EFI folder from the USB.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated to the latest, 5018.

It would have been nice if the installer would have had some kind of warning instead of just deleting a bunch of files. If it's moving to a new file structure, why did it work when I put everything back like it was?

Might be nice for people updating if @Stork could update his post at the beginning of the thread for people to watch out for this weird behavior.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I lost sound. I am running the latest AppleALC.kext.

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
AudioDxe-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

Thanks, @EddyMac! I updated Post #2. :thumbup:

Motherboard
GB Z390M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated today and it went very smooth, no problems at all.
Neither any Audio nor any USB issues.
Everything working including Thunderbold, FCPX.
Standby and Power down still work fine as well.

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 22.08.59.png

Motherboard
GA-H61N-USB3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unbelievable! I updated (from Apple Store) my build (GA-H61N-USB3 | i5 3570 | HD 4000) without any problems. Easy like a pie. And I can see that is more stable (however generally Mojave is very stable). The unbelievable part is that I tried to update my portable Apple MacBook Air and I had to (I had to) turn off and turn on three times the Apple computer! My build is more compatible!!!!

Motherboard
ASrock Z270 Professional Gaming
CPU
i7-7770
Graphics
Vega 64
Unfortunately no Hackintosh for me since "The Most Advanced Operating System in the World" does not support (or does it?!) 8K.

I have to revert back to my choppy and sloppy Windows environment.

I'll come back when it matures.