Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas?
One, maybe. While the update is in process, you will note multiple restarts. In each case, until after the "Boot Install from..." volume has disappeared, that particular volume must be selected as the boot volume. I have seen cases where even though the "Boot Install from..." volume is still present, for some reason the target volume is chosen as the boot source. When that happens, I manually re-select the "Boot Install from..." while Clover is still up.

One, maybe.

Thanks, I've narrowed it down to not having updated clover properly so the drivers were in the wrong folders. Helpful to know to keep booting into the install partition until it goes away. I've managed to get it up to 10.14.6 now and all the security updates. Thanks for your help.

just sharing ...
updated the latest security patch (2020-004-10.14.6)
& everything went ok

I just completed the macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update from 10/03/2020 using the System Prefs Update and all went fine. I noticed the after the SecUpd2020-005 update in Sept that Kext Utility was taking over 3 mins to run. It is now back to the normal 45 sec run time. Don't understand this but it seems that something in this last security update 5 increased the time for Kext Utility by a factor of about 5. This is on the 8700 machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back