Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.png

First, I updated Clover bootloader to newest version 5045; Lilu and WEG also. Then update from preference-> software update. So scare in first 30 mins, after restart the screen turned black in 30mins without any noise increasing from the fan. I turned it off, then I plug out a SATA cable from another disk that contain Windows 10, power on again and black screen again for 20mins. Then the computer restart the 1st time, AND the white apple logo appeared with the line '16 minutes remaining'. So, happy after all.

I understand one supplemental update after 10.14.6 but two is a bit too much. Also the time between the two is also very soon. If they come out with another SU, then Apple should make a new update and call it 10.14.7

Last edited:
There is another supplemental update
I'm gonna check the build number shortly. But, when you look at the https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos page, you only see one Supplemental Update. Me thinks this is the corrected one which we've already updated from the macOS update method.

Update. Nope...a Version 2 of the 10.14.6 Supplemental Update.

Done. Build number 18G95.

This the one I downloaded:

It shows the same size as the one you get in System Preferences, Software Update: 1.26GB

You can also tell that is the new one by the date: Aug 26 2019

After updating, everything still works - nothing broken.

I'm sure the new SU includes the old one plus the one. In the description they were still having issues with sleep which it was suppose to be fixed in the previous SU. I guess it wasn't fully fixed.

They also patched some new vulnerabilities.

Last edited:
Install of the new update took may be 10 minutes. Everything still works as intended.

Updated Post #1. Thanks guys for the above information.

BTW, at this time, the System Preference > Software Update is not showing an update. Stay tuned...or use Post #1's links.

Updated using the Software Update app. It was uneventful :)
Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 6.41.14 PM.png

Smooth upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back