Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sans titre.png

Update went smoothly, about 30 minutes.
Everything seemed to be working fine.
But it killed the native support of wifi card Tplink archer t6e.

I updated from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6 today, had a few problems with updating Clover in preparation for the update.

I first updated Clover EFI from a 4xxx version to the new r5033 and then Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and VirtualSMC.kext to the July releases.

I was a bit confused because the r5033 EFI uses a different folder structure for the drivers - but more importantly it didn't work with the drivers I already had. I needed to let it install its own drivers in place of mines (using the SourceForge installer) otherwise Mojave wouldn't boot.

Anyways, after I figured this out, I let it update. It restarted twice (needed to ensure it booted the installer rather than the system after the first restart), and it seems to work fine now.
Screenshot 2019-08-10 at 18.54.38.png

Flawless Upgrade. Running after 10 min process. :clap:

Seemed to go without a hitch, thanks to the community for sharing your experiences.

Attachments

• Moj_10.14.6.png
    Moj_10.14.6.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 98
Clover 4920, update through sysprefs->update, few restarts (4 if I recall correctly), 15 minutes & up without problems

My Software Update show my system as up-to-date at Mojave 10.14.5. Does not recognize that there's a 10.14.6 supplemental update available. Any one else had this issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 1.49.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-11 at 1.49.46 PM.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 115
Updates in System Preferences>Software Update will only show up on an APFS formatted disk. If the system disk is HFS+, Update will only say, “Your Mac is up to date.”

Last edited:
Updated along with Lilu and WEG and YES no more purple lines at boot :clap::clap:.
However cannot update Clover to 5045 for the life of me. Said it's been updated but boots into the old one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back