Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other issue I have now is that finder won't open from the dock.

@BazzaGooner,

That doesn't sound good, I suspect that your macOS install is corrupted due to the hard reboot you did during the update. Best course of action now would be to create a bootable installer based on latest 10.14.6 release and do a re-install over your existing install which should keep all apps and data intact and hopefully fix the issues you have.

Cheers
Jay

I'm stuck on Version 10.14 (18A391).

It keeps asking me to install "macOS 10.14.6 Update". When I do it shows an Apple icon along with "Installing ...". But when I reboot, I am still back at 18A391. I've tried verbose mode, but it scrolls too fast for me to read and it doesn't pause on any errors, if any.

As I am new to Mojave (only upgraded to an RX 570 last week from a 1050 Ti), I'm not sure what I am supposed to see during the install. Am I meant to reboot to the macOS partition, or one of the Preboot or Install Preboot partitions?

You need to reboot into macOS Install, and let it finish. Sometimes it takes two reboots.

Updated for me without problems to
macOS 10.14.6 (18G87)

:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Senza nome.png
    Senza nome.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 93
I'm stuck on Version 10.14 (18A391).

It keeps asking me to install "macOS 10.14.6 Update". When I do it shows an Apple icon along with "Installing ...". But when I reboot, I am still back at 18A391. I've tried verbose mode, but it scrolls too fast for me to read and it doesn't pause on any errors, if any.

As I am new to Mojave (only upgraded to an RX 570 last week from a 1050 Ti), I'm not sure what I am supposed to see during the install. Am I meant to reboot to the macOS partition, or one of the Preboot or Install Preboot partitions?
Preboot options are for FileVault installations. After the initial restart you should restart on the “Install macOS on <your disk name>” several times until that option disappears. Then you can boot into your usual partition. Do not choose any option that says “Install OS X on <disk name>”. That won’t further the install.

I may have a question: why a lot of serial numbers are covered in screenshots? It's a hackintosh? What difference does it make?

supplement update 10.14.6 downloaded, updated, done. in around 20 mins. No issues !

I may have a question: why a lot of serial numbers are covered in screenshots? It's a hackintosh? What difference does it make?
so peeps can't see them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back