Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue, have to disconnect other drives. For me it started with update 10.14.5 if I remember well.
I guess it is related to my NVMe card.
Catalina doesn't have this problem ....

For a relatively "small" update, it took longer than making a pot of coffee, but seems smooth sailing...

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 05.29.02.png

Well, as for me, no problem on my Skylake Hack. But, the funniest thing is that on my laptop, it broke sleep!! Before this update, when I close lid, laptop would sleep and wake when open back lid. Now doesn't comes back from sleep when I open lid back...

I started the update a few days ago but run out of patience after 20 minutes and booted back to the working OS. Today I let it run. It rebooted the first time with pink panther after about 30 minutes and then I had to leave. When I came back after several hours it was done. It seams to be working as expected. The next time I will update my Clover and other drivers first to see if that helps with the speed issue.

Installed without problems on my Dell Optiplex 9020 Hackintosh

Captura de pantalla 2019-08-08 a las 21.56.37.png

When you say the update solved sleep/wake, do you mean your Skylake systems with Intel HD530 GPU? Broken sleep/wake has been an issue with this chipset and I’d love to hear that it’s been fixed, especially by an official Apple update.

@shaveblog,

The 10.14.6 supplementary update specifically address a sleep/wake issue on certain Macs, that is all that this update does nothing else ... so there is a good chance that it will help certain Hackintosh systems.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back