Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU should wait to complete the process it happens to mine setup, while updating the MONITOR shut off for a while maybe 2 to 3 min. and I wait it don't touch anything let it complete the cicle and it should finish and no problem here.
Thanks. I’ve waited 5 minutes so far, without luck. EDIT: have now waited 18 minutes. It’s dead.

Additionally, When I get to the Clover screen, however, the “boot from Install MacOS” remains and is pre-selected, and my keyboard is inactive, so I can’t choose my regular MacBoot.

How can I remove that “boot from install” option? I looked in startup items; and launch agents/daemons. I just want to cancel the whole update thing, but cannot select anything in the clover screen since my keyboard is disabled at that point.

Last edited:
Update went fine, no kexts or clover updates done.

Untitled.png

Thanks. I’ve waited 5 minutes so far, without luck. EDIT: have now waited 18 minutes. It’s dead.

Additionally, When I get to the Clover screen, however, the “boot from Install MacOS” remains and is pre-selected, and my keyboard is inactive, so I can’t choose my regular MacBoot.

How can I remove that “boot from install” option? I looked in startup items; and launch agents/daemons. I just want to cancel the whole update thing, but cannot select anything in the clover screen since my keyboard is disabled at that point.

Well if by any chance you are going the CLEAN setup route let me know if you would, if the PINK Panter goes way. Also which card you are using that you still see the PINK panter, VEGA 64? TIA for the replay

I feel your pain as that has happened to me with every Moojave update before this one.

In my case it was always due to an outdated version of clover or the Lilu and Whatevergreen kext even if I thought I had the latest version.

I hope you have a clone, OS and EFI partitions, in which case you know the easy route. In my sad experience what you are seeing is fixed by updating Clover, Lilu and Whatevergreen even if you think they are up to date. You might have to seek kext versions from other sources but the version of Clover on this site should work.

With the .5 and .6 updates once I updated Clover and the kexts I could complete the update by selecting boot from install. There is an extended period of black screen before the final reboot with this latest update. If you can see the disc drive light flashing everything should be fine.

Otherwise you can try booting with a Unibeast key to see if that gets you into the operating system. You could also simply try plugging the keyboard into a different backplate USB, preferably USB 2, port. If you don't have a clone of your EFI partition, at least a copy of your configp, you may have to re-create it all.

If you don't routinely clone your OSX drive, EFI and all, you might want to before doing anything else.

glad it worked for everyone else. It complete broke mine. Boot from install got to pink lines, tried to reboot, and never succeeded. Black screen. Tried 4 times, waiting several minutes on the black screen.
Tried rebooting by choosing previous regular mac boot - and got the same thing: black screen and no boot.

Looks like I’ll hve to reinstall from scratch . :(
Sorry to hear that happened. For anyone, I've learned the hard way: always, always clone your drive before installing an Apple update. Cloned to my main backup SSD using CCC. Installed this on the clone drive first to test, and then my main drive.

So, a nearly one-gig, full macOS install, back-to-back with a major system update for waking from sleep issues on a few Macs? Uh, right. The Apple support page links to the security portion of the update, KB20122,
"Apple security updates
This document lists security updates for Apple software.
About Apple security updates
For the protection of our customers, Apple doesn't disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until an investigation has occurred and patches or releases are generally available. This document lists recent releases."

So, it's a serious update.

Yes: I’ve been cloning my drive for years, and grabbing the EFI Partition and installing it on the clone. I also keep a backup of the entire EFI. My Clover is 4961, which isn’t absolutely the latest (that’s 5033) but is close.

Here’s a question, while I’m knee deep in all this: as I type, I’m using Unibeast to make a new Mojave installer (with includes this update) and am wondering if I should replace the EFI folder on the USB stick with my current EFI folder. Would that yeild a “repair/reinstall the system” stick?

Or do I need to remain with to the traditional way with the necessary extra steps to update from the Unibeast build?

Upgraded 10.14.6 and 10.14.6 suplemental looks perfect and instal went like a breeze :)

Yes: I’ve been cloning my drive for years, and grabbing the EFI Partition and installing it on the clone. I also keep a backup of the entire EFI. My Clover is 4961, which isn’t absolutely the latest (that’s 5033) but is close.

Here’s a question, while I’m knee deep in all this: as I type, I’m using Unibeast to make a new Mojave installer (with includes this update) and am wondering if I should replace the EFI folder on the USB stick with my current EFI folder. Would that yeild a “repair/reinstall the system” stick?

Or do I need to remain with to the traditional way with the necessary extra steps to update from the Unibeast build?
It's strange that you'd have an issue after installing 10.14.6 already. After you finish with your USB installer you can move your established EFI folder to the EFI partition of your USB installer. Then try booting through the USB drive, choosing it from system boot loader, and choose your disk in the Clover boot manager, rather than booting through the system drive itself. You might need to check the UEFI settings, or could have a hardware issue. Otherwise, you can post in a help thread.

Updated from the Software Update app. No issues whatsoever. It took a little longer on my Hack, which has an i7-7700K, than my MBA but oh well...

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 6.57.35 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back