Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Pro
CPU
Intel i9 9900k
Graphics
NVIDIA GT740
I'm really stuck with this update. I've tried running the update as normal, running the combo update and using a new 10.14.6 USB stick to boot off and update using the installer. In all cases the first stage of the install works OK, the reboot and second stage runs OK, but then when it reboots the option to boot into the install partition no longer shows in Clover, but boot into the OS and it's still on 10.14.3.

I've updated clover and kexts, and removed all other drives.

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Any ideas?
One, maybe. While the update is in process, you will note multiple restarts. In each case, until after the "Boot Install from..." volume has disappeared, that particular volume must be selected as the boot volume. I have seen cases where even though the "Boot Install from..." volume is still present, for some reason the target volume is chosen as the boot source. When that happens, I manually re-select the "Boot Install from..." while Clover is still up.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Pro
CPU
Intel i9 9900k
Graphics
NVIDIA GT740
One, maybe.
Thanks, I've narrowed it down to not having updated clover properly so the drivers were in the wrong folders. Helpful to know to keep booting into the install partition until it goes away. I've managed to get it up to 10.14.6 now and all the security updates. Thanks for your help.

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560 (4K)
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GT 1050
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
just sharing ...
updated the latest security patch (2020-004-10.14.6)
& everything went ok