Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update 2

Took a backup of my EFI folder, and installed booted with my USB.. Done within 5 mins

Doesn’t work for me, I ran software update while having version 10.14 when it’s finished downloading the update 10.14.6 I get the message to restart the computer to install, I press to restart I see written Installing then the computer starts automatically I’m rebooting with the USB to Mojave I getMojave main screen and then I get the message again update 10.14.6 is available restart the computer to install then same thing I tried several times and still I get the message: update 10.14.6 is available restart the computer to install. Any fix for that?

Same issue here, update appears to have worked, but it's still showing in software update. Tried again, same dice.

Edit: I was selecting "Boot FileVault PreBooter from Preboot" instead of "Boot MacOS Install". When I selected "Boot MacOS Install" it worked fine.

This is odd because I'm sure in the past for small updates I've selected "Boot FileVault PreBooter from Preboot", but hey, it worked.

Last edited:
Petebiggs Thanks for your time to reply. I can boot my hard disk only with the help of the USB install, do you mean while rebooting the computer and I’m in clover, must I choose then Boot MacOS install cause I think that boot”macOS Install” is actually the USB or not? Thanks

Last edited:
My update from 10.14.6 took 24 minutes, and your update took 7-8. You updated in 1/3 the time?

I'm curious? My processor is barely faster than yours, we have the same 32GB RAM. You have faster RAM and a faster Radeon?

Which SSD are you using? I've got a 960 Pro M.2?

Where should one throw money at improving speed? Processor, RAM speed, SSD or video card?

It depends as well on your system state, not necessarily on hardware. Processor should not be an issue, definitely not GPU, a RAM update could improve your performances (a little), my best guess would be your SSD (but I would not make any recommendation, I'm definitely not an expert ^^). It also depends on your motherboard btw ;)

I run macOS on a Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB, but do not know if it is a good one or not.

Right now I downloaded the final version 7 October Catalina, I would like to do clean install, I asked tonymac for a guide how to create a bootable Catalina (not beta) usb installer for clean install.....

I updated every thing went well but a day later iMessage and FaceTime logged out and won’t let me activate them bummer

Install it just like you would any other update.

Back