Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update 2

Dumb question, but ... this is my first Mojave update ... if Preboot is hidden in Clover will that cause any problems with installing this update?

I finally got 10.14.6 installed after switching from an nVidia Card to an RX 570, but during the installation, while I was monitoring the 'activity light' on my SSD, all activity stopped (or so I thought) for maybe 10-20 minutes. Aborted the install and tried again, and just waited and waited. Finally installed with no issues (for anyone else tempted to give up on a fast system with an SSD, just wait it out!).

But, I've totally lost track of How I got 10.14.6 installed, how I dealt with the two Preboot's (FileVault I ignored)? I can't remember if I needed to select the 'Boot MacOS Install Prebooter from Preboot' during the install - or whether I will need to during this update?

So, is any 'Preboot' needed during this update's 2 reboots - and if I have Preboot hidden in Clover, should I un-hide it?

Are there any steps I need to take before the install in Clover or elsewhere? I'm running latest Clover and WEG/Lilu/etc.

Thanks!

SOOOOOO...... toook a crazy longtime (45min) for my i3 4160 to update to the latest OSx build....... suggestion to all thinking that their hack is not updating ....... JUST WAIT......
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 10.01.40 PM.png

MY pentium G4560 only took 10 min.

I am using Clover v4920 on my 10.14.5 system. Can I update directly to newest 10.14.6 without having to update the Clover?

Thanks.
I always keep Clover updated to its latest version. I've run into issues in the past where updating Clover fixed it. Just a good thing to get into the habit of I think. Has updating Clover given you any issues in the past?

Update went very smooth. No issues. Took about 20 min.

Could all posts since mine be merged into this thread?

But, I've totally lost track of How I got 10.14.6 installed, how I dealt with the two Preboot's (FileVault I ignored)? I can't remember if I needed to select the 'Boot MacOS Install Prebooter from Preboot' during the install - or whether I will need to during this update?

So, is any 'Preboot' needed during this update's 2 reboots - and if I have Preboot hidden in Clover, should I un-hide it

If it doesn't select the correct partition automatically, just select the one named 'Boot macOS Install on Macintosh HD' or whatever you've named your macOS system disk. The installer mounts a volume called 'macOS Install' from your main system disk. Don't worry about the Preboot options.

Back