Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update 2

Joined
May 3, 2019
Messages
4
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
WhatEverGreen 1.4.1 fixed the previous issue: details
but two monitors (HDMI 4k, DVI 1920) still not possible: HDMI does not properly display the second monitor (only the top of the screen is glowing, the rest is black).
And, the HDMI monitor does not get its proper name in Settings: it's shown as "iMac", not its "<model>" as before.
And Display Sleep causes system rerboot when waking up.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
112
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Well I finally got around to applying this update. Also updated WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Issue I have now is that App Store updates will not apply. They seem to run, but the result is that the apps still show "Update".

Not sure which tires to kick..

Help.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2018
Messages
110
Motherboard
MSI Z370 PC PRO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Nitro Vega 64
Well I finally got around to applying this update. Also updated WhateverGreen and Lilu.

Issue I have now is that App Store updates will not apply. They seem to run, but the result is that the apps still show "Update".

Not sure which tires to kick..

Help.

Did you log out of icloud and app store etc and reboot and try logging in again to see if that helps app store updates? I've just seen the Security Update 2020-005 10.14.6. Not sure if I should try it now...hmmm.
 
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
112
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Did you log out of icloud and app store etc and reboot and try logging in again to see if that helps app store updates? I've just seen the Security Update 2020-005 10.14.6. Not sure if I should try it now...hmmm.
It seems to be related to my using a VPN. If I turn it off, or wait a while, updates work. :)
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2018
Messages
110
Motherboard
MSI Z370 PC PRO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Nitro Vega 64
It seems to be related to my using a VPN. If I turn it off, or wait a while, updates work. :)
Oh that's good, I just went for the update anyway since I thought it would be fine and had a backup. I think there is a newer version out also since I posted and I installed that. No issues for me.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
165
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I am on this update see attached screen shot and have these available to install. do I install the supplement update first or just go straight to the security update 2020-007 for Mojave. What is everyone doing and is it a success?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.45.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.45.29 PM.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.45.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.45.51 PM.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 15
Joined
Mar 7, 2018
Messages
110
Motherboard
MSI Z370 PC PRO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Nitro Vega 64
Hi all, I am on this update see attached screen shot and have these available to install. do I install the supplement update first or just go straight to the security update 2020-007 for Mojave. What is everyone doing and is it a success?
Make sure you have a backup first. If it's a vanilla install then should be fine. Otherwise not sure.
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
165
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Make sure you have a backup first. If it's a vanilla install then should be fine. Otherwise not sure.
are you suggesting to just run the installation for the security update first? I have it backed up already...
 

pastrychef

Moderator
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
16,742
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I am on this update see attached screen shot and have these available to install. do I install the supplement update first or just go straight to the security update 2020-007 for Mojave. What is everyone doing and is it a success?

Assuming your EFI is good, just update all of them. This isn't Windows.
 
Top