Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated my hackintosh.. No problem so far

Two restarts and approx 13 minutes later:
View attachment 405474
During the update, I did see some random purple lines on the screen for a few seconds. I ignored it and the update continued fine.
Update went fine. But booting up has some random purple lines on screen. I have random kernel panics on boot. The system was very stable on version 10.14.4. The first or second boot has panics but then I can boot into system.

Update went fine. But booting up has some random purple lines on screen. I have random kernel panics on boot. The system was very stable on version 10.14.4. The first or second boot has panics but then I can boot into system.

Lots of people are getting the purples lines. It doesn't seem to affect anything.

I have no idea why you are getting kernel panics. Please start a new thread to look for help resolving it.

Worked fine for me, upgrading from 10.14.3. I performed the Clover update first (to 2.4k r4961) & rebooted to make sure that was fully in place, then ran the 10.14.5 update from Apple.

Glad I read to note from @pastrychef about some random purple lines on the screen during the update - this was after the first reboot iirc and the machine appeared to have "hung".

Bear with! I left it a couple of minutes (!) and the install then carried on without issue.

Updated without issues ... actually, even better than "without issues"!

I previously had two issues - incorrect screen resolution, and no audio - which have resolved themselves without any changes needed on my part, other than updating Lilu and WhateverGreen as part of doing this update.

Backed up, updated, rebooted a couple of times. Did nothing else - works fine. Audio the lot! Easiest ever, so far.

Attachments

• 10.14.5success.png
    10.14.5success.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 248
Mojave 10.14.6 release today, soon the front page will be update it with the news

already updated to 10.14.6 , waiting for the front page to be updated to post screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back