Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated without issues, first Clover, update, then Removed XHCI USB Port Limit with MultiBeast!

Updated my ASUS z370-i UHD630 hackintosh
Time: like 40 minutes
Problem: I left it alone for updating. The last reboot failed showing a no-entry mark, but, when I click the power button to boot it again, everything works. It shows 10.14.5, and every components works just like before.

If you waited for the update MultiBeast, it's out now. Version 11.3.0.
Thank you for your notification although I’ve already updated to macOS 10.14.5 much earlier. I may still try the latest version of MultiBeast later because I’m not with my computer now for attending COMPUTEX.

Updated perfectly, two reboots.

USB 3.0 malfunctioned on boot due to outdated kexts for USB. I do have a custom SSDT, however. Updated the USB inject, remove limit from MultiBeast 11.3 and all is perfect.

Updated my ASUS z370-i UHD630 hackintosh
Time: like 40 minutes
Problem: I left it alone for updating. The last reboot failed showing a no-entry mark, but, when I click the power button to boot it again, everything works. It shows 10.14.5, and every components works just like before.

I had the same problem but updating WhateverGreen.kext to the latest version everything was solved.

The update went fine, but soon started to experience kernel panics on boot (AMDRadeonX4000.kext being the problem). In the end I applied one graphics patch (GFX0), but soon realised RadeonDeinit quashed the kernel panics. I have an R9 380 card and RadeonDeinit hasn't been necessary for some time. Same purple lines issue as some other users.

Update to Clover v2.4 r4945 and ran update as normal. 2 reboots, clover picked the right mounts every time. Took about 17min.

Attachments

• Mojave 10.14.5 Update.jpg
    Mojave 10.14.5 Update.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 245
Do we still need to enable IGPU?

I had to disable the DSDT patch "change GFX0 to IGPU" to get my Hackintosh booting again after the upgrade. Other than that, smooth install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back