Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

After the update to 10.14.5, I used the latest Multibeast 11.2.1 to change SMBIOS from 18,3 to iMac 19,1 (see attached Multibeast configuration) After that I lost most USB ports, although the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports seem to be properly working. Before Multibeast 11.2.1 patched them all.
All other things seem to working fine.

Kind regards

better use custom ssdt to define usb ports, that way it persists on every upgrade.

All went good except the BCM94352Z was detected as "Third-party wireless card". Rebuilt the kext cache and came back to normal as "AirPort Extreme". This happens after every update btw.

Smooth as silk. At first, Software Update didn't register that an update was available, but after I went through the App Store, it recognized the update and began downloading via Software Update. Had already updated all my kexts a week or two ago, and updated to Clover 4920. Update took a little longer than usual, but absolutely no purple lines as has been described elsewhere. Booted up perfectly after the install, and sound — along with everything else — seems to be working fine. Thanks, Tony!

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.13.01 PM.png

Update: download from Sys Pref, 5 minutes. Install update after 3 restarts 13:26 minutes. Everything is working and snappy at that!
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 1.23.03 PM.png

Update went smooth. But do notice that purple lines at boot - specifically when the boot sequence goes from the apple logo to logon screen. Thankfully it goes away in the logon screen. Otherwise, everything else seems to be fine.

Another update... another no nVIDIA web driver in the update... Super annoying... Only Apple.
I'm pretty sure Apple has asked nVIDIA to withhold the drivers, and nVIDIA support will come with the new Mac Pro...

Upgraded Clover to r4920-UEFI + new kexts. Updated from 10.14.4 to 10.14.15 using Software Update. Update took about 15 minutes. Everything (graphics, audio, network, usb) working perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back