Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2009 Mac Pro tower with a Vega 64 card. I see now the fan is now under control and no longer runs at top speed all the time. A lot quieter when it is not being pushed graphics wise. Also, I was playing tomb raider and getting great 59 frames a second in 4K mode! Nice!!!!!

Thank you Tonymac!

Last edited:
After I did a backup with CCC, I updated Clover and kexts. macOS Update via System Preferences pane. No Issues at all! OS 10.14.5 runs smoothly!

Another update... another no nVIDIA web driver in the update... Super annoying... Only Apple.

Worked like a charm here, for anyone using a Vega it's really a great upgrade, no more need for VGTab, delete that thing, the fans are completely taken care of natively, and with much better response time! For FCP users, I did also see a slight improvement in export time, but especially, a different handling of clock speed. It seems much more efficient... Where it was at 1.6Ghz in 10.14.4, it is not waving between 1.2 and 1.56 Ghz and fans response is immediate, for a better export time. Very cool!

How did you get hardware info like that?

THX

There's an app called "VideoProc" to get the 405711 png. The other is from About This Mac.

Quickest update yet.

After the download had finished and I clicked Restart, I was back at the logon screen in 10 minutes 12 seconds. That includes 3 lots of 10 second automatic timeouts - 2 in clover and the final 1 once the install had finished.

No problem with iTunes, as some have mentioned, sound is fine and I have a custom SSDT for my USB ports so no patching required.

Lost HW acceleration with the update (Vega 64).
Changing model in Clover from iMac18.3 to iMacPro 1.1 fixed it.
It fixed Netflix playback in Safari also.
Fans on Vega 64 working nice natively! :thumbup:
OMG Netflix works at last I always used 18,3 changed it like you did and now works perfect even quick sync still works mate o dear lost my usb and got bad quick sync gone back to 18.3 no Netflix in safari I used chrome

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back