Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@arsradu
Can you please update your profile to show motherboard, etc as per the forum rules?
We have some idea of comparable systems.

They're already in my signature. :) Never got to use the information on the side bar... But I'll do that soon. In the meantime, all the information is already in my signature.

Purple lines - bringing color into my otherwise boring verbose boot ;-)

Update went fine without issues, I precautionarily disconnected all unused bootable (backup) drives to help clover find the required files during reboots. This had caused irritations during earlier updates. The whole process took approx. 15 minutes.

@yigpig,

Fair enough .... seems a big drop in compute performance though considering this update was meant to fix the remaining Vega driver issues ..... my score dropped from around 20,400 to 15,500.

Two steps forwards, one step back ;)

Cheers
Jay

I think it's just a Geekbench thing because LuxMark OpenCL scores are as good as they have ever been for me.

Maybe this

Cheers.

Update went well though built-in updater.

My 3rd gen i7 still running well.

95AXKfIwSf2kif_PoAqprQ.png

Anyone on Vega frontier,10.14.5, Asus motherboard, preference on Maximus XI Z390. Once the computer starts can you get into the bios....Mine was ok and now if I'm on display port I can not see the bios...Loads everything ok but I only see when clover starts. If I change to HDMI than I can see the bios....Please any help is appreciated.

I also experienced lower Geekbench 4 OpenCL as well as Metal scores after updating to 10.14.5
Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro +

Vega 64 10.14.5.png
Vega 64.png

Open up System Preferences and click on the Displays button. You should get a tabbed window with one of the tabs labeled Arrangement. Choose that one and then drag the display window you want to be the main one to the leftmost side. Make sure you drag/put the menu bar on it!

Thank you for your instruction, appreciate your help, its working now fine.

VGTab seems to be working fine for me. But, Geekbench OpenCL scores seems to be lower for all Vega users.
I changed SMBIOS to imacpro 1.1 and turned off the IGPU. It return H264 and H265, but the VGTab is not working well. It allows to increase the graphic clock, but it does not leave the target temperature and I can not put the 800 rpm in IDLE. Is it giving?

It's still necessary "-no_compat_check"?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back