Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went almost perfect on good old 4790K setup after Clover update and USB Patch. No purple lines at boot with Radeon R9 380.

But my audio chipset is ALC1150 and I now have the same issue I had after updating to 10.14.4, no sound after wake from sleep, audio outputs disappear in preference panel. It might be the same for ALC1220 series.
Last time, it was resolved by an updated AppleALC kext, I hope someone more qualified will fix this.

For now, a script run by DSSW Power Manager after wake to reload AppleHDA is doing the trick, or in terminal:
kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Last edited:
Updated went super smooth after updating clover first..
However, guys, I noticed that it took a little bit longer than when I had Sierra. It downloaded 3GB, and the install seemed like it was installing a new OS over the previous one..
Has Apple changed the combo update/app store update method? Did I miss something?
Good Luck to everyone..thanx

Updated without any issues. Just back in 15min? and everything updated. Razer Blade Advanced early 2019.
Clover 4928, VirtualSCM 1.0.4, all latest kext's.

2 Issues that I have no found fix for on the Radeon VII.

1) DisplayPort audio crackling on monitor speakers (nothing fixes the issue, including SSDTs).
2) Purple lines everyone is experiencing.

If your so annoyed with the purple lines during boot - I suggest you buy a real mac, or wait for later OS updates. It’s not gonna go away with a fix when everyone with AMD is experiencing it.

I got no flashing screen.

As I said, it's not a big issue. :) Sorry if I sounded like a demanding a**hole. :)) That was definitely not my intention. Just wanted to learn more about this issue. And I was hoping that, since this issue is now gonna come up more and more often (due to the latest official update, although it's been there since the Betas), maaaybe someone figured out a fix.

By the way, I do own a real Mac. And I don't have this issue. But obviously that's a different hardware. So, not sure what you're suggesting. But it's not really helping in this case, because I'm looking for a solution to this particular problem.

Also, about the flashing, so far, everyone with AMD cards (including Vega cards), had it. Could you, please, upload a video of your boot, from Clover GUI to login screen? I'm curious what could be the difference in your case.

Lucky you! :)) Though now I'm really curious how did you manage that... Could you please, remove your private info from SMBIOS and upload your EFI folder? Something has to be different... Really weird.

Same here after upgrade to 10.14.5.

After updating, lose H265, purple stripes on boot, benchmark drop from 203000 to 143000 and the kext VGTab does not work the same, it adjust the MHZ from the memory, but it does not affect the fan rpm etc.

SMBIOS 14.2 + I7 4790K + VEGA 56 (Sapphire) + IGPU

Updated 10.14.5 with new usb patches.

x299 Aorus Gaming 9, i9-7920, Radeon Vega Frontier
Everything works well !!!

Unimportant observations: with this version, ...

... when starting in verbose mode (-v), a pruple horizontal lines appears at the top of the screen, just when the graphic is detected. I think it's the same thing that user @pastrychef has detected above.​
... also respect is noticed an improvement in the management of power / fan of the GPU, now it is quieter than the previous version. (I have installed VegaTab_FE.kext and SSDT-X299-Vega-Fontier.aml)​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back