Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy ****. it ****ing installed over my existing mojave. oh my goooood

*edit*
Nevermind. Alright. We're good. Jesus. That icloud re-do on entry, etc scared the crap out of me.

does it normally take... 30 minutes estimated.... ugh.

Yes, about 20 min if you have SSD and a good cpu.
It will say 30 min and reboot after 2-5, then say 28 min and reboot again. It’s a 3 stage update.

Trashed my install. Not sure why yet, gotta research. Updated clover, updated kexts (I keep them in L/E), installed, and now it won't boot. Get's stuck in a boot loop trying to initialize GFX0 on my AMD GPU. Fortunately my backup boot drive lets me boot up.

Edit: K I guess I neglected to use a kext utility to update a couple kexts in /L/E, and now I'm thinking it was a kextcache issue. I booted single user, chowned/chmodded the two updated kexts, ran `kextcache -i /`, rebooted with -v -f, and I'm back in. Reran kext utility to repair again, but I'll hold off on rebooting for now.

Last edited:
Update went fine, noticed the purple lines on the boot/install screen. Everything seems to be working, haven't noticed anything broken yet.

purple stripes when start but after a few seconds it disappears

Two restarts and approx 13 minutes later:
View attachment 405474
During the update, I did see some random purple lines on the screen for a few seconds. I ignored it and the update continued fine.

Was your i9 natively displayed correctly? Curious minds here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back