Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little help - What is the correct boot partition for the Combo Update after reboot? I don't think Clover chose the correct one, it had selected Filevault Prebooter. I have:

Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install from HD
Boot macOS from HD
Boot Recovery from Recovery

A little help - What is the correct boot partition for the Combo Update after reboot? I don't think Clover chose the correct one, it had selected Filevault Prebooter. I have:

Boot Filevault Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS from HD
Boot Recovery from Recovery

Keep choosing "Boot macOS Install from HD" or "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot" until "Boot macOS Install from HD" is no longer an option.

Got it, thanks. Is there any difference in the two:

Got it, thanks. Is there any difference in the two:

I never knew what the "Preboot" options did...

I just know that "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" will do the same as "Boot macOS from HD" and the options I listed in post #254 will do the same.

I never knew what the "Preboot" options did...

I just know that "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" will do the same as "Boot macOS from HD" and the options I listed in post #254 will do the same.

OK, yeah I don't have a clear idea what some of the boot options are for. After selecting "Boot macOS Install from HD" the install went for awhile then rebooted, when the boot options came up, again Clover chose "Filevault Prebooter", and "Boot macOS Install from HD" had disappeared, so I did "Boot macOS from HD" and it finished up the install. So Clover choosing the right option on these updates doesn't seem to be the case.

But 10.14.6 is up and running!!!! Thanks again for the help - now to put back in some PCIe cards...:eek:

all runs well in my old machine.

Attachments

• WX20191211-213605.png
    WX20191211-213605.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back