Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smooth update with Asus p8h77-m pro. Reboot 3 times.

Updated clover && things

... your disks are not in APFS format, can't update :banghead:
I was sure I had right format... well... next time, next machine.

Sleep was working for me under 10.14.3.
Not working now since this update.
Have you tried disconnecting any USB hubs attached to your machine?
That fixed the exact same issue for me.

No luck with updating to 10.14.4 from 10.14.3 on my build in two attempts.

I updated to Clover r4862-UEFI first, then started the update. Got two reboots and then was stuck at the apple logo endlessly. On forced restart I could see that it was stuck on the FileVault Preboot volume, and verbose mode when starting the Mojave volume revealed a panic around Crypto. Had to restore from Time Machine.

So I read around this thread closely and (1) disconnected my USB hard drive & (2) installed Clover r4920 from SourceForge.

First, Clover r4920 failed to work at all for me; I couldn't even boot back into Mojave. I am not sure if this is because I got the build from SourceForge and not TonyMacx86. I don't know why that happenned.

Second, after I restored the EFI partition to r4862 and verified Mojave 10.14.3 worked again, I retried the update a second time. Same exact failure as before.

I can report that about a month ago, after upgrading to Mojave, I tried to enable FileVault. I had a similar failure and gave up. I googled around to see if perhaps this update included FileVault changes, and apparently it has a fix for enterprise users who were experiencing a conflict between FileVault and ActiveDirectory/MobileUsers that involves a new security token system.

I suspect my inability to successfully update is related to my still unresolved FileVault problems. In any case, I'll sit this one out a while longer until an update is more compelling. I'm still just amazed that my old hardware runs Mojave 10.14.3; much less how fast it does...

Last edited:
Sorry, I am new to this Clover thing. What is meant with update Clover? Should I do this on my Hackintosh or on the USB-stick? Does this update erase my Kexts? I am asking because I forgot to save my last Multibeast Settings and am not sure if I can recreate them so easily and right now everything works fine.

Updated direct from 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 using Software Update without updating Clover (using r4769-UEFI currently). No kexts updates either. Update took about 30 minutes. Everything (graphics, audio, network, usb) working perfectly!

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
Intel Core i7 6700K
Radeon RX 580
16 Gb RAM
Crucial SSD 500Gb

Last edited:
My update went fine but then my Rosewill RNX-AC1300PCE now is not recognized....... Sadly I can not hardwire in so that is a bit frustrating. I have to figure that out but has anyone else had this issue?
Did you ever find a resolution to this? I just bought an RNX-1300PCE card thinking it would work, but on 10.15.2 I can't get it to get recognized. I've tried AirportBrcmFixup in /L/E/ and get kernel panics on boot, and putting it in kexts > other doesn't seem to do anything.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I just bought an RNX-1300PCE card thinking it would work, but on 10.15.2 I can't get it to get recognized. I've tried AirportBrcmFixup in /L/E/ and get kernel panics on boot, and putting it in kexts > other doesn't seem to do anything.
I also got this adapter, and I cannot get it to work in 10.14.6. Would like to find a solution if possible!

Edit: I am on 10.4.6 and AirportBrcmFixup worked for me - thanks Kravey!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back