Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had planned to backup my disk and update clover and kext files per recommendations. I was busy with my day job and eventually, the automatic update kicked off the install at night Looked a little dicey as it had rebooted and I woke up in the morning with the notice that the update couldn't be installed. I rebooted it again twice and the update completed. Appears that everything is working as before ( handoff, BT keyboard/mouse and air pods connect fine ) and sleep/wake works now. Happy I am.

Did an Clover Update to v2.4k r4919 using MultiBeast 11.2.0-4. Then updated macOS using build in system update.
Worked like a charm ;-) Thanks to the forum for all the hard work! :clap:

First was hang out Apple logo, after restored from backup, and updated my Clover and tried again from store. Now works
Everything same as before. thanks.

Képernyőfotó 2019-04-14 - 19.47.25.png

Last edited:
First was hang out Apple logo, after restored from backup, and updated my Clover and tried again from store. Now works...
It's always good to Post #2 in these Update threads. :D

Hello Guys.

The combo update link doesn't work. Can you check it?

Regards.

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers for Mojave as of this date/time. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.

:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.4 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.

Note: Update will reboot twice; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.

:ch:New Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patches. Thanks @ModMike.

:ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Stork...I confirm this works for me!

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 10.25.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Anyone else experience that, when updating via system prefs, that the machine goes into boot loop when it tries to restart? In my case it starts loading the update after the first reboot and then reboots 2 seconds in. I have the latest version of both Clover and kext, and I haven not had this issue before. I can easily boot into my system so the update has not taken effect in any way.

I am currently downloading the Combo Update to see if that helps. Anyone know how I can delete the update file that system prefs downloaded? I want to delete it to avoid conflict with my previous try.

Update: Ignore the question about the location of the update file, found it myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
When it first came out I did the update without any of the recommended updates (Clover, Lilu, WhateverGreen), and it hung on the first reboot when the install was complete.
I've moved house in the meantime, and today did the Clover, AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen updates, and everything is fine. About this Mac and System Report now show my Radeon RX560 correctly -- before it was reporting it as an RX580.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 16.01.41.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 16.01.41.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Updated latest version of Clover, installed update from app store, several reboots, all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back