Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated from 10.4.1 to 10.4.4 with combo update.
1. Update clover
2. Update WhateverGreen / lilu / AppleALC
3. Update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4

Everything works fine, till I try my internet. The internet wasn't connected, I checked network in system preference, it said "unplugged". Any suggestion? I have restored to 10.4.1 again through Time Machine, internet works fine.

My rig:

I7 3770
16GB RAM
Asrock Z77 extreme6
Power Color Red Devil RX 570 4GB
Yes you will need to backup your network driver from kext. or update latest ethernet kext from HERE

Updated with no issue everything running perfectly

1. Update Clover 4911
2. Update WhateverGreen / lilu / AppleALC
3. Update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4

Dell Inspiron 5570 (i7)

No issue

Via App Store. No issues

With regards to the ALC1150 issue with sound being lost with sleep, there was a recent change to AppleALC to fix what appears to be the same issue for the ALC1220 series. I figured it'd be worth a shot to apply the same change to the 1150 definitions as well. It appears (so far) to have resolved the issue on my system.

Try the attached kext if you have the issue

Hi Greg,
Thank you soooo much for creating the appleALC kext!!! I spent my entire night researching how to fix the ALC1150 no sound on wake after 10.14.4 update and your file fixed it! I have 3 hackintoshs at home and only the one with ALC1150 had the problem after the update.

I do not have problems with Mojave - It's running smooth with 10.14.3.
Just have problems with the update to 10.14.4...
This is still not a help thread.

Using App Store, having trouble updating mine. Software update restarts but doesn't ever begin an update process.

*edit*

I take it back, install worked fine. I need to fix my default boot volume clover settings :)
What exactly did you change it to? I'm having the same issue.

The upgrade did not go smoothly and ended with a black screen.
The solution was to use Multbeast to recreate the EFI boot files on the USB Mojave Install flash drive, then boot off the flash drive to fix the EFI partition on the main Hackintosh.

As some have pointed out, this upgrade contains firmware which makes changes to the EFI partition.

Anyway, here is the proof, Tah-Dah! :) Thanks to UtterDisbelief for reminding me about Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back