Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I upgrade MultiBeast first and then do the upgrade or just dive in an upgrade?
I just did it that way. See my post here for my procedure. (Note: your MuliBeast choices will be different than my configuration.)

Please update your Profile with your system components per the examples in the Rules > Profiles. TIA.

Dell Optiplex 3060

1- Update Clover
2- Update WhateverGreen / lilu / AppleALC
3- Update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4

20 mins with 3-time restart

No issue

My macbook pro has successfully updated with a pushed notification, but since 10.14.1 my macbook mini running the same configuration doesn't receive the push. I've checked for updates both auto and manual but still tells me that there are none. Do I have to do download the latest via the website?

I thought I'd add my update in here as the update to 10.14.4 was not so easy.

I have a lot (6) hard disks on the system for Windows 10, backups, databases, photos etc.

Since 10.14.2 I have struggled to get any of the updates working, small updates, combo updates, any typer of update :) I download it and get an error through the install.

It turns out that there was some sort of interaction between the disks and the 10.14.3 and 10.14.4 upgrades. Once I removed all my disks (which seem to work well) and just kept the Mojave disk in, the upgrade would work. I then recabled the disks in and rebooted and it works fine.

Not looking for help as its sorted but I thought it useful to leave this here in case other people have the same problem.

More details at

HP Elitebook 850 G1(i5 4200U, 8G ram)
NO problemes (clover v.4910, Appstore download, clean installed)
I have no Broadcam WIFI card (no check, I'll buy)
sound ok, graphic ok, lan ok, backlight ok, battery ok, sleep ok

All fine!

At first i update Clover to v.2.4k_r4910. and Clover configurator to v 5.4.2.0.

Mount Efi Partition and Update Lilu Kexts to v.1.3.5 and WhateverGreen Kext to v.1.2.7 in EFI\Clover\kexts\10.14 and AppleALC to v.1.3.6 Kext in EFI\Clover\kexts\Other (from Download's page)

reboot, and after that choose update from system preferences.

Booting from Macintosh OS Mojave Install Partition all times the machine reboot until this partition desapears.
Done!

A truly painless experience for me. I did not update clover before the update, being a newbie I didn't realise I should have upgraded :)

My Clover is version 4769. I updated via system preferences and let the update process do it all by itself and went for coffee. Came back to an upgraded system. Everything appears to be working just fine.

I upgraded by secondary system last night (GA-Z270X-UD3 with i5-6600K). This time I deliberately did not upgrade Clover to see what would happen. I stayed with the same clover 4769 used for my primary system upgrade and did the secondary system upgrade via the system preferences. This time the result was a bit different. I did have to perform one manual reset when the system would not reboot automatically during the upgrade process. Other than that everything appears to be working correctly. Almost as painless as my primary system's update.

Hi!

I tried to update from 10.14 to 10.14.4 with the downloaded Combo Update file. Clover had been updated to r4910 before I ran the update).

However, during the update (probably almost done) it stuck on a black screen.

Eventually I found my Lilu and Whatevergreen are not in the most updated version. I use the latest version and now it is working fine.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have updated from 10.4.1 to 10.4.4 with combo update.
1. Update clover
2. Update WhateverGreen / lilu / AppleALC
3. Update from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4

Everything works fine, till I try my internet. The internet wasn't connected, I checked network in system preference, it said "unplugged". Any suggestion? I have restored to 10.4.1 again through Time Machine, internet works fine.

My rig:

I7 3770
16GB RAM
Asrock Z77 extreme6
Power Color Red Devil RX 570 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back