Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated through System Preferences, three restarts, 19 minutes from download to desktop.
Everything is working.
Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 9.50.35 AM.png

Last edited:
10.14.3 went fine, but 10.14.4 does not like something. At reboot it hangs. I am trying to figure out where exactly it hangs.
Update to latest Clover boot loader, download the update, install, and, when it hangs, restart and boot with Mac installer from Clover selection. It will install the update and will restart.

Had the exact same issue when I was trying out beta version on a test drive. Looks like the issue still persists with the final version.

Important. U must to have latest Clover boot-loader. Do not touch anything. Clover know wat to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 20.29.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 20.29.58.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
After a good SuperDuper backup and updating the bootloader and all pertinent kexts the installation of the 10.14.4 update went without a hickup. The only mod was the usual port limit update (Thanks @ModMike,) My build is ASRock Fatal1ty Z7270, I7 7700K (Kaby Lake) with a Radeon RX 580. Everything working now, including iMessage and sound. Still breathing fire!

Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers for Mojave as of this date/time. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.

:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.4 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.

I had a different experience, and a few things didn't go well, but, since I heeded your primary statement [BACK UP!] all ended well.

I first tried updating to the latest Clover build (here) but it was bugging out and the install failed [>once], and I also [first] tried to upgrade directly from the [upgrade] preference panel--no joy. After a few mishaps, I just did a retroactive backup to a relatively recent snapshot and started over...using the older Unibeast USB I had used for 10.14.3.

I ended up going to the Clover site ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ ) and got the most recent stable build at that time (4910), and it installed successfully. Then, after restart, I used the link provided here to download the [basic] update (not the combo), and installed that without a hitch.

Upgrade didn't take long, and after a couple restarts, in which the correct drive/partition was automatically chosen through the update software process (unlike some in recent past upgrades), so I booted into 14.4 -- woohoo!

Everything seemed to work OK except the audio, which was expected, based upon experiences.
Using current MultiBeast, I then installed driver for audio (ALC and 3-port option), and my HDMI audio was all set for selection and setup using Audio MIDI Setup, after restart. Although I haven't checked EVERYTHING exhaustively, everything seemd to work well, and I have sleep/wake, etc., sound and graphics seem great etc.

Success! Thanks, to yall and the resources here at TonyMac ;)
Thumbs up doods!

Piece of junk broke my imessage

Updated to 10.14.4 using combo update.
Have a GA-Z97N motherboard with ALC892 audio.
No audio on wake from sleep after updating to 10.14.4.
Downloaded and installed most recent AppleALC kext (1.3.6) used Kextbeast to install updated kext, restarted and then cleared cache using Kext Utility.
Followed An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins
Audio now working after sleep.
I still have same audio problem as you mentioned, and it didn't help after upgrading the AppleALC and Lilu. How did you clear the cache?

Applied Combo, and, after 3 reboots update finished like on real Mac. I use USB audio and USB 3.0 expansion card.

Updated to 10.14.4 using combo update.
Have a GA-Z97N motherboard with ALC892 audio.
No audio on wake from sleep after updating to 10.14.4.
Downloaded and installed most recent AppleALC kext (1.3.6) used Kextbeast to install updated kext, restarted and then cleared cache using Kext Utility.
Followed An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins
Audio now working after sleep.
Thank you so much for sharing this, through your post I was able to fix my wifi card randomly not being detected after this update. Saved me so much time and effort. Thanks for sharing.

My hackintosh took an hour to upgrade to this OSX version. The video resolution was lowered and DisplayPort audio disappeared. They worked fine prior to this upgrade. Instead of reinstall the kexts, I opened terminal and typed

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -u /

Then reboot and it come back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back