Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Clover (4910), Lilu, WEG and AppleALC. Currently using a headless configuration with platform ID (0x3E920003) and inject Intel. Used system update and got 10.14.4 with three reboots in about 15-20 minutes. All in all very smooth update. Audio works, USB 3 works (custom SSDT), nothing seems to be broken.

This video processing display right above ^ -I've never found it via System Info, etc. Is it a special app?
I never get the "Hardware Accelerated" logo on my "About" page, though everything seems to work.
BTW, love the logo!
Overlay Systems and GPU stuff.png

Did not update clover, and upon reboot the computer attempted to boot from the installer preboot partition to drive the install - but it hung with the progress bar and Apple logo. It complained about "unsupported CPU" or something when I turned on verbose from clover.

Updated to the latest bleeding-edge clover (r4910): https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/latest/download
Restarted the update and it successfully ran.

I would say that yes, updating clover should be everyone's first step before attempting this update.

Last edited:
This is my first update to my new hackintosh, since the clean install of Mojave 10.14.3.
I followed all instructions: backup of EFI, updated clover and suggested kexts, backup of ssd, and update via App Store.

All is actually working fine (Audio, USBs with custom SSTD and headless iGPU)

I've never found it via System Info, etc. Is it a special app?

It's a video encoding program with functions like Avi Demux called VideoProc, very useful to test if the iGPU/dGPU are correctly detected by the system.

Attachments

• 10144.png
    10144.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 160
I had the same problem, the update went just fine but after the T6E wasn't detected anymore. Added AirportBrcmFixup.kext and now it's detected and works as before with the added bonus of being recognized as AirPort Extreme :)
Thanks for the reply, but you can pass me the links from where to download

Was already on Clover 4871, so I didn't update for this one. Updated to the latest WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC kexts from the TonyMac Downloads section. Backed up via SuperDuper!, and went for it. Three, maybe four restarts and close to a half-hour or so of updating, and everything appears to be working fine. Thanks all!

Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 10.36.35 AM.png

Did not update clover, and upon reboot the computer attempted to boot from the installer preboot partition to drive the install - but it hung with the progress bar and Apple logo. It complained about "unsupported CPU" or something when I turned on verbose from clover.

Updated to the latest bleeding-edge clover (r4910): https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/latest/download
Restarted the update and it successfully ran.

I would say that yes, updating clover should be everyone's first step before attempting this update.
Thank you for confirming. I had the exact same problem. I fixed the same way, by installing that same version of Clover, and I also end up with the same conclusion, always update Clover after any major update.

While I didn't had to update Clover when I was booting the macOS. I did had to update Clover to run the new installer.

It also depends on what version the person have installed in their system. My last Clover over was a few months old, and I didn't bother to keep updating because it was working fine until I encounter that problem. But the new version of macOS most likely will require the latest version of Clover
or at least one that is not that old.

Regards

Had a much better experience updating my desktop than my laptop!

On my desktop (Dell Inspiron 3670), I updated to Clover 4910 via Clover Configurator after making a copy of my EFI folder. Before rebooting, I checked the drivers64UEFI folder on my EFI partition, and noticed it had removed Aptiomemoryfix-64.efi and had added Audiodxe.efi. Thinking I needed aptiomemoryfix-64, I copied it back in from my backup EFI folder. I removed Audiodxe.efi. Rebooted and was able to boot into macOS just fine.

Next up, kexts. Via Clover Configurator, I downloaded the latest Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC. I moved them from the OTHER folder to my desktop and installed with Kextbeast. Rebooted. Holding my breath, I was happy to see my macOS come right back up with new kexts.

Finally, macOS update. From system preferences, I initiated the update. Download complete, reboot. First Clover boot screen I chose the Preboot option. After a bit, it rebooted and chose the Install macOS option. Less than 15 minutes later, I was in macOS, no other reboots. 10.14.4 complete.

So, regarding Clover removing aptiomemoryfix-64...do I need that or has it become unnecessary? And, the addition of Audiodxe? It was not there before...do I need it now?

Desktops seem so much easier to update than laptops! Not sure if I'll ever get my laptop (Dell Inspiron 7559 updated!).

I'm having trouble every time I reboot or shutdown my Hack after update. Gettin' "system posted in safe mode" BIOS message

Same here. Solved by replacing AppleRTC.kext from 10.14.3

Easiest and fastest update yet. Updated Clover to r4910 via Clover Configurator. Already had latest Lilu & Whatevergreen.

From hitting the Restart Now button after the auto download, there was just 1 more reboot after that one and I was logged in and running after only 4.5 minutes from that initial reboot. Wow.

Everything is working, including sound after sleep, that I saw some people were having trouble with.

As I have a custom SSDT (@RehabMan's method and USBInjectAll.kext), all my USB ports work as before.

Happy bunny here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back