Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also having boot hangup issue and I cannot find a way to fix it.
I created a USB drive with the latest clover and still it hags because of some iGPU issues.

I am running on Vega 64 and iGPU is enabled as well in BIOS.... please help!

Same problem here. I have also ALC1150. What helped for me is to install the CodecCommander.kext and set dark wake to 8 in Clover Boot Settings.
Doesn't work for me, still the same strange behavior: the sound is back after wake and can work endlessly as long as I don't stop it. Once it's stopped and I try to play some music or video few seconds later, there's no sound. If I put the computer to sleep after that and wake, it does the same, sound OK as long as I don't stop it. Tried your codecCommander and others, still the same.
10.14.3 with the same and latest Clover, Lilu and AppleALC is working perfectly, very strange.
I think I'll have to ask for help in the Mojave section :(

EDIT: just tested:
'sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext' then 'sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext' restores the sound as it should, I did not try to rollback this kext from 10.14.3 but will do.

Last edited:
Failed twice and succeeded the third time.

1. Stuck on loading screen.

2. Updated clover but without customizing anything. Stuck on the randomseed thing. Booted up my clone, copied the backup EFI into my main drive and started again.

3. Updated clover but this time I customized to include AptioMemoryFix. Smooth update.

10.14.5 Beta fixed GPU fan problems post sleep that 10.14.4 introduced on my machine. So if anyone has GPU fans spinning up loudly every 2-4 minutes after sleep, that's your fix.

It also added Radeon VII support. There’s some performance drops but that will be fixed probably.

With regards to the ALC1150 issue with sound being lost with sleep, there was a recent change to AppleALC to fix what appears to be the same issue for the ALC1220 series. I figured it'd be worth a shot to apply the same change to the 1150 definitions as well. It appears (so far) to have resolved the issue on my system.

Try the attached kext if you have the issue

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    879.4 KB · Views: 139

Updated via Combo Update, no problem.

Thanks for that. I reverted to WEG 1.2.5 and my system is fully functional now. I'm waiting to hear from others with this issue whether reverting WEG also fixes it for them. Your configuration is significantly different from mine where I don't see a clear point of comparison.
I tried WEG 1.2.5 and Inject Intel with no success. I have LILU installed in SLE, but WEG in clover. I wonder if that makes any difference at all. I wouldn’t think it would matter at all. I also am having the issues with another machine with a 6700k and headless too. I wonder if it is something to do with the motherboards not fully disabling the iGPU.

I tried WEG 1.2.5 and Inject Intel with no success. I have LILU installed in SLE, but WEG in clover. I wonder if that makes any difference at all. I wouldn’t think it would matter at all. I also am having the issues with another machine with a 6700k and headless too. I wonder if it is something to do with the motherboards not fully disabling the iGPU.
For the people that are having issues with the black screen, how many of you are dual booting? I am going to guess that a majority of the people are. I think it is caused by you are not booting into the correct version of CLOVER.

I updated clover to latest version v2.4k_r4910 and use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext
All working here with 10.14.4.
Updated via Software Update.
About 30 minutes and 3, 4 reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back