Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went smoothly for me. As usual no issues. Seems that with a legacy system that I am using it is almost fail safe. Never had any kernel panics with updates since the days of Mavericks. I usually update Clover whenever there is a new version available.

Smooth Update :thumbup:

Just noticed, that issue occurs on ASUS PRIME motherboards only. Maybe BIOS update should help ? But don't forget to turn Legacy RTC on in System Time and Alarm Source

BIOS update did not fix this for me. My latest BIOS (0208) also does not have the option to turn Legacy RTC on.
Disabling "Wait with F1 on Error" in BIOS at least bypasses the problem for me, and allows me to boot without being forced to my BIOS screen.

BIOS update did not fix this for me. My latest BIOS (0208) also does not have the option to turn Legacy RTC on.
Disabling "Wait with F1 on Error" in BIOS at least bypasses the problem for me, and allows me to boot without being forced to my BIOS screen.
It means, that "Legacy RTC" option is only for ASUS PRIME B360m-a. Disabling warning message is not solution. Maybe someone will find it.

Update went great without issues. Updated Clover to 4895, lilu, whatevergreen and applealc to latest versions before update. All these with apriomemoryfix in drivers64uefi folder. Audio works after sleep, all usb ports are working great as before (custom ssdt), hevc support is working w/o issues.Everything seems OK!

Last edited:
It means, that "Legacy RTC" option is only for ASUS PRIME B360m-a. Disabling warning message is not solution. Maybe someone will find it.

It most definitely is not a solution, I've actually enabled the warning messages again. Will continue looking for a solution.

It most definitely is not a solution, I've actually enabled the warning messages again. Will continue looking for a solution.
There should be some logs on reboot. I'm booting in verbose mode every time and there were some reports on the screen before update, but now they're gone.

Well that was smooth - Clover update applied, install from System Preferences update, 4 reboots and boom, everything works (SSDT for USB in place). I use a ATEN KWM switch to share a HDMI monitor with my iMac and as of this update (no other changes) I have audio via HDMI from my Sapphire RX580 card THROUGH THE KVM!!!! according to the KVM docs, this is not supported!!!! LOL Some graphics performance improvements as well.

Loads of reboot but a smooth update here.

With the latest kexts and clover, upgrade to 10.14.4 smoothly after several reboots :) Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 5.45.26 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back