Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated via App Store. No problem so far.

:)
I was hoping the same thing. Didn't run the 10.14.4 update yet, because of your post.
What's your current config? your sig mentions a 4770k rig, not the 9900k

Best,
-a-

Ah, yeah I just recently completed a new build. I’ve updated my signature to reflect. It’s a Gigabyte Z390 Designare, with dual Radeon Frontier Edition GPUs, i9 9900k, 64GB 3200MHz DDR4, and dual nvme drives to boot Windows 10 and Mojave. Runs like a dream, aside from a few quirks (like the unknown CPU in system profile) everyday use parallels a high-end Mac.

Took a few reboots but otherwise smooth. System is zippy.

A tricky install.

Previously I had been using the RadeonDeInit=true key instead of Whatevergreen for my RX560, but for this update that just resulted in a loss of video signal, so the kext had to be installed.

Also tried Clover 2.4 r4895 but that seemed to stall the process.

After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing the proper way forward had to be:

install latest Clover from here (4862) and also the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts (1.3.5 & 1.2.7). Remove the RadeonDeInit key.

Subsequently a smooth install.

Of note now is the longer pause between APFS init and Clover drive menu. Used to be say, 2-seconds, now 7-seconds.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: The longer delay mentioned above has been identified. From what I read it's common for Boot Debug to be defaulted to "true" for some Clover updates, however that wasn't the problem here.

The cause was a new file in the drivers64UEFI sub-folder called "AudioDxe-64.efi"

This wasn't present previously and I watched it be installed by the newer version of Clover. Knowing my audio worked previously I decided to remove it (to a safe place just in case) and reboot.

The problem was gone.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Of note now is the longer pause between APFS init and Clover drive menu. Used to be say, 2-seconds, now 7-seconds.

:rolleyes:

Check if debug is on in clover. For some reason 4895 defaulted to On for me, takes much longer to get to the drive menu.

Got this resolved ? Got the same problem. /edit: updating went fine though

Same problem here. Asus Z390-A Prime. MacMini8,1

Already had Clover at the latest version. Updated ALC, WhateverGreen and Lilu to the latest versions.

Update applied successfully, but like some others mentioned audio stops working after sleep.

I moved the ALC kext to S/L/E and that seems to have fixed my sleep audio issue

Graphics, bluetooth, wifi, ethernet, audio, iMessage, FaceTime, continuity... all work after update. Took a little long and several restarts but it was normal due to my MacBook did same thing.

iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, APFS NVMe boot drive, kexts in /L/E/.. updated Clover to latest and AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext to latest using Clover Configurator, rebooted; initiated upgrade from Sys Prefs; rebooted twice auto selecting the right install prebooter from preboot option (no manual intervention necessary); G2G

MB sound outputs stopped working after Clover update and returned with macOS update (USB sound always worked). macOS reports hardware encoding supported. Haven't tested sleep yet, hope that still works.

Thanks for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back