Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this resolved ? Got the same problem. /edit: updating went fine though

Same here, update itself went flawless but starting at the first reboot during the update I also get the "The system has POSTed in safe mode" message. Going in the bios by pressing F1 (only option) and immediately out of the bios allows me to boot.

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest kexts before updating and managed to successfully boot on 10.14.3 using this clover version and latest kexts. 10.14.4 gives the bios error.

Had the same issue just now. Solved it by copying the config.plist I had from the previous Clover version, to the new Clover folder. Some boot arguments were missing on the new one (dart=0 and nvdisable etc). Now off to test the 10.14.4 update (I have a Gigabyte motherboard with SMBIOS 18,3). Let's see how it goes.

Thank you. I had to boot from the UniBeast disk, but I have gotten the box back up, with clover v 4769.
This time clover updated to v 4895 with no problems. I swear, I followed the same steps.

MacOS Update 10.14.4 just booted, so I will call it a win.

But, every time I have to change something in clover, or clover itself, there is pain and mystery involved.
Clover is still a black box.

Same here, update itself went flawless but starting at the first reboot during the update I also get the "The system has POSTed in safe mode" message. Going in the bios by pressing F1 (only option) and immediately out of the bios allows me to boot.

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest kexts before updating and managed to successfully boot on 10.14.3 using this clover version and latest kexts. 10.14.4 gives the bios error.

Yes that is exactly the same issue i am having. Hope somebody gots a solution. Trying to find out...

i did the update and everything went well except that now i dont have usb support
can someone help ?

I had the same problem and i was able to fix it by creating a custom SSDD for my motherboard. It could sound complicated but thanks to a tutorial on youtube, I was able to create mine in no time.
If you prefer a more in depth guide check this one out
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
I hope you can solve your problem very soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I upgraded my system from 10.14.3, using the system preferences tab. At first the system was hanged at message something about Abnormal exited = 1; then I copied all of my texts from /L/E to EFI/Clover/kexts/Others folder and then it could properly update to 10.14.4.

I use a USBMap kext for my Mo Bo. I don't know if it has something to do or not with the upgrade, but after installing the new version, my wired aluminum Apple keyboard with numeric keypad, is neither recognized at Bios nor Clover boot. I need to disconnect all other external USB/USB-C devices to get my keyboard properly working. Otherwise, I must use a spare Razor keyboard USB3 to select the booting device or modify the Bios.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks, cheers.

But, every time I have to change something in clover, or clover itself, there is pain and mystery involved.
Clover is still a black box.

Yes, same here,'pain and mystery', trial and error,
or like a blind man at an orgy.

I had the exact same problem and was in an infinite boot after direct update in Clover to 4895.

After a boot via usb, an EFI mount and restore
+ Clover update to 4862, from Tonymacs Downloads / Cloverbuilds
+ install of latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kext,
everything is working again, very happy with it.
This seems a bumpy update compared to previous ones

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest AppleALC, Lilu & WhateverGreen kexts to /L/E before updating, performed update via System Preferences -> Software Update, also experience "Black Screen" for 10 to 15 minutes during update procedure but on finial reboot loaded up fine, also using SMBIOS 18,3 Headless iGPU. :thumbup:

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest AppleALC, Lilu & WhateverGreen kexts to /L/E before updating, performed update via System Preferences -> Software Update, also experience "Black Screen" for 10 to 15 minutes during update procedure but on finial reboot loaded up fine, also using SMBIOS 18,3 Headless iGPU. :thumbup:
Another Gigabyte board. Seems like the issue is mostly prevalent on Asus motherboards. Really hope someone figures out a fix for this

Yes, same here,'pain and mystery', trial and error,
or like a blind man at an orgy.

I had the exact same problem and was in an infinite boot after direct update in Clover to 4895.

After a boot via usb, an EFI mount and restore
+ Clover update to 4862, from Tonymacs Downloads / Cloverbuilds
+ install of latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kext,
everything is working again, very happy with it.
This seems a bumpy update compared to previous ones
So you downgraded from clover 4895 to clover 4862 and it worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back