Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lensjocky that's very interesting. Your build looks quite similar to those of us that are having issues. Can you provide more details about your configuration in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/installation-of-10-14-4-update-causes-kp.274070? Ideally we could get an EFI folder from you so we can try to figure out what's different about our systems. Maybe it's related to a kext version?
Here's my EFI folder zipped (serials erased..) All my kexts are in L/E *see attached screenshot. I updated Lilu, AppleALC & Whatevergreen on 3/25/19 with most current versions available. I updated Clover to 4895 on 3/25/19 as well. Hope it helps, please let me know if you need anything else..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.3 MB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 3.10.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 3.10.43 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 199
Here's my EFI folder zipped (serials erased..) All my kexts (with the exception of FakeSMC) are in L/E *see attached screenshot. I updated Lilu, AppleALC & Whatevergreen on 3/25/19 with most current versions available. I updated Clover to 4895 on 3/25/19 as well. Hope it helps, please let me know if you need anything else..

Thanks for that. I reverted to WEG 1.2.5 and my system is fully functional now. I'm waiting to hear from others with this issue whether reverting WEG also fixes it for them. Your configuration is significantly different from mine where I don't see a clear point of comparison.

Ouch!
In preparation for the MacOS Update, I used the clover configurator to upgrade Clover from 4765(I think) to 4895.
Mounted the EFI. Selected 'update clover package' in configurator.
Reboot. The clover icons all look different. White background instead of black.
Select Boot MacOS from SSD1, as usual. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
Select Boot Recovery from Recovery. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
These are my only two boot options.
Obviously, I screwed up clover somehow.

I can no longer boot to the OS. Help?

Any ideas what I did wrong?
Had the same issue just now. Solved it by copying the config.plist I had from the previous Clover version, to the new Clover folder. Some boot arguments were missing on the new one (dart=0 and nvdisable etc). Now off to test the 10.14.4 update (I have a Gigabyte motherboard with SMBIOS 18,3). Let's see how it goes.

No trouble here, clover then mac OS combo update. Thanks Tony and everyone.
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.22.01 PM.png

updated AppleALC.kext to latest
updated Lilu.kext to latest
updated WhateverGreen to latest
Combo update from 10.14.3, no issues

First updated WEG, Lilu and AppleALC, then Clover, rebooted and did the update to 10.14.4. Everything is working fine. Thank you to everyone.

Ouch!
In preparation for the MacOS Update, I used the clover configurator to upgrade Clover from 4765(I think) to 4895.
Mounted the EFI. Selected 'update clover package' in configurator.
Reboot. The clover icons all look different. White background instead of black.
Select Boot MacOS from SSD1, as usual. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
Select Boot Recovery from Recovery. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
These are my only two boot options.
Obviously, I screwed up clover somehow.

I can no longer boot to the OS. Help?

Any ideas what I did wrong?
Sounds like your clover drivers might be outdated for this version. I would save config.plist and rebuild efi and update kexts as well... good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back