Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having trouble every time I reboot or shutdown my Hack after update. Gettin' "system posted in safe mode" BIOS message

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Снимок экрана 2019-03-26 в 21.10.12.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-03-26 в 21.10.12.png
    188 KB · Views: 126
I am running 14.4 now, no major glitches. My audio is working over HDMI but not with on board audio out so no headphones. I have the latest AppleALC.

Other annoying issue, it did not remove the install macOS so every time i start up it tries to update again. Anyone know how to delete it?

I believe the installer made a Install Mac OS folder at the root of your startup drive. Simply drag it to the trash and empty and that choice disappears from Clover.

Successfully Updated my Hackintosh direct by the system preference.:clap::clap::clap:

Problem here! Updating from 10.14.3, conectorless id (igpu+vega) didn't work. I was getting kernel panics halfway on Apple logo, so disabled iGPU and things worked.

Warning: To those running SMBIOS 18,3 + connectorless iGPU do not update to 10.14.4. There's a widely reported issue related to kernel panic or black boot without disabling iGPU and losing QuickSync. Mods please update the release notes to indicate users of SMBIOS 18,3 + connectorless iGPU should hold off on updates. See:

Warning: To those running SMBIOS 18,3 + connectorless iGPU do not update to 10.14.4. There's a widely reported issue related to kernel panic or black boot without disabling iGPU and losing QuickSync. Mods please update the release notes to indicate users of SMBIOS 18,3 + connectorless iGPU should hold off on updates. See:

Thank you for this warning. I'm trying to update the Clover to 4895 (from 4700) on the Clone drive, before attempting to update to 10.14.4, and when I boot with 4895, it just reboots after the Apple logo appears. Updated the Lilu, FakeSMC & WhateverGreen kexts too, to no avail.

Seeing as I'm having issues with the bootloader update, and now this warning about SMBIOS 18,3, I will not attempt to update on my main drive. Will continue experimenting on the Clone though, will see where it gets me.

Ouch!
In preparation for the MacOS Update, I used the clover configurator to upgrade Clover from 4765(I think) to 4895.
Mounted the EFI. Selected 'update clover package' in configurator.
Reboot. The clover icons all look different. White background instead of black.
Select Boot MacOS from SSD1, as usual. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
Select Boot Recovery from Recovery. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
These are my only two boot options.
Obviously, I screwed up clover somehow.

I can no longer boot to the OS. Help?

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Not for nothing, but my SMBIOS 18,3 Headless iGPU Hackintosh seems to be running fine all day. Quicksync is fine as well as Hardware Acceleration all operating as they should. That being said these warnings were not available when I updated my rig at 9:00am EST, or I probably would have held off. I did experience "Black Screen" for most of the 20 minute update procedure, but I did see the drive activity light flashing so I sat tight and the screen came back after the 3rd (?) and final reboot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.36.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.36.31 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 239
Problem with my Archer T6E wifi network card, does not detect after the 10.14.4 mojave streamlining, only the hdmi sound running natively.

Not for nothing, but my SMBIOS 18,3 Headless iGPU Hackintosh seems to be running fine all day. Quicksync is fine as well as Hardware Acceleration all operating as they should. That being said these warnings were not available when I updated my rig at 9:00am EST, or I probably would have held off. I did experience "Black Screen" for most of the 20 minute update procedure, but I did see the drive activity light flashing so I sat tight and the screen came back after the 3rd (?) and final reboot.

@Lensjocky that's very interesting. Your build looks quite similar to those of us that are having issues. Can you provide more details about your configuration in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/installation-of-10-14-4-update-causes-kp.274070? Ideally we could get an EFI folder from you so we can try to figure out what's different about our systems. Maybe it's related to a kext version?

Снимок экрана 2019-03-26 в 20.08.07 копия.png
Снимок экрана 2019-03-26 в 20.08.14.png
Снимок экрана 2019-03-26 в 20.08.21.png
Clover 4895
All kext latest
UEFI Internal graphics Enable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back