HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today Apple released macOS 10.14.4, a major software update to macOS Mojave. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the System Preferences pane or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.
What we know about 10.14.4 Update so far...
  • macOS Build 18E226
  • For best results, update Clover to r4862+ from MultiBeast, tonymacx86 Downloads or official Clover package.
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra.
  • Updated audio drivers- established users of Mojave with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.
  • Updated USB drivers- those using Port Limit Removal patch will have to update to new patches for 10.14.4.
  • Install macOS Mojave App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Mojave from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Mojave App can be found in the Applications folder.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Related:
macOS 10.14.3 Supplemental Update
macOS 10.14.3 Update
macOS 10.14.2 Update

macOS 10.14.1 Update

macOS Mojave is Now Available on the Mac App Store
[README] Common Problems/Changes/Fixes on Mojave

Last edited:
Pre Update Notes:
- This update may break some of your Mojave functions, like audio. Make sure you backup first.:thumbup:

- There are NO Nvidia Web drivers for Mojave as of this date/time. So, this update is for non Nvidia graphics card users.

- Make sure you use the latest versions of the Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. They will be in the Downloads > Kexts area. AppleALC.kext is located here.

Please post help requests in the Mojave Desktop Support Forum section (not in this thread).

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch:Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;

:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.

:ch: Download the Mojave 10.14.4 Update or Combo Update in Post #1 or the update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot upon completion.

Note: Update will reboot twice; each time Clover picks the correct boot partition. So, sit back and relax.

:ch:New Mojave 10.14.4 Port Limit Removal Patches. Thanks @ModMike.

:ch: Done! So far, another easy update! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Completed one Mac (BookPro) and one Hack - No obvious problems so far.

Using App Store, having trouble updating mine. Software update restarts but doesn't ever begin an update process.

*edit*

I take it back, install worked fine. I need to fix my default boot volume clover settings :)

Last edited:
Took about 15 minutes from 10.14.3su through the Software Update Control Panel. After a few restarts, all seems to be fine.

Update went fine but I now have 6GB less free space.

Updated clover and all my kexts, restarted a few times during the update. Everything works.
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 5.18.48 PM.png

Via App store. Everything went smooth. No issues:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back