Contribute
Register

Mojave 10.14.4 Update Hanging on Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.14.3 went fine, but 10.14.4 does not like something.
It looks like my MacBook Pro did a firmware update - Perhaps this holds true for other systems.

10.14.3 went fine, but 10.14.4 does not like something. At reboot it hangs. I am trying to figure out where exactly it hangs.

Had the exact same issue when I was trying out beta version on a test drive. Looks like the issue still persists with the final version.

Took about 15 minutes from 10.14.3su through the Software Update Control Panel. After a few restarts, all seems to be fine.
I guess you are the one of the luckiest around here, I was wondering perhaps it is due the some disconnects I got when the download was running for the update. Would me good if someone could tell me where I can delete the "update-file" so I can re-download the update again.

I guess you are the one of the luckiest around here, I was wondering perhaps it is due the some disconnects I got when the download was running for the update. Would me good if someone could tell me where I can delete the "update-file" so I can re-download the update again.

go to top tool bar and select Finder, then scroll to Preferences and select. Check the box next to Hard disks. Now all the drives will show in your desktop. Open the drive your using and the "Install macOS" folder should be there, move to trash and empty trash.

go to top tool bar and select Finder, then scroll to Preferences and select. Check the box next to Hard disks. Now all the drives will show in your desktop. Open the drive your using and the "Install macOS" folder should be there, move to trash and empty trash.
cool, thanks. I did so, and now I am downloading again, also I have removed the filed under /L/Updates, i used the CLI (and a popular search-engine) to find big files:
$find / -size +1900000 -print
/Library/Updates/041-49230/macOSUpd10.14.4.pkg

what do you mean by "fix default boot volume" ?

I needed to choose the Mac OS Install (or whatever it's called) from Clover a few times for the update to work, right now I have my Mac OS hardcoded to boot. Gotta fix that.

10.14.3 went fine, but 10.14.4 does not like something. At reboot it hangs. I am trying to figure out where exactly it hangs.
Me too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back