Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Motherboard
GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 4000
No luck with updating to 10.14.4 from 10.14.3 on my build in two attempts.

I updated to Clover r4862-UEFI first, then started the update. Got two reboots and then was stuck at the apple logo endlessly. On forced restart I could see that it was stuck on the FileVault Preboot volume, and verbose mode when starting the Mojave volume revealed a panic around Crypto. Had to restore from Time Machine.

So I read around this thread closely and (1) disconnected my USB hard drive & (2) installed Clover r4920 from SourceForge.

First, Clover r4920 failed to work at all for me; I couldn't even boot back into Mojave. I am not sure if this is because I got the build from SourceForge and not TonyMacx86. I don't know why that happenned.

Second, after I restored the EFI partition to r4862 and verified Mojave 10.14.3 worked again, I retried the update a second time. Same exact failure as before.

I can report that about a month ago, after upgrading to Mojave, I tried to enable FileVault. I had a similar failure and gave up. I googled around to see if perhaps this update included FileVault changes, and apparently it has a fix for enterprise users who were experiencing a conflict between FileVault and ActiveDirectory/MobileUsers that involves a new security token system.

I suspect my inability to successfully update is related to my still unresolved FileVault problems. In any case, I'll sit this one out a while longer until an update is more compelling. I'm still just amazed that my old hardware runs Mojave 10.14.3; much less how fast it does...

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D5H
CPU
i7 3700K 4 x 3.5 Ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX-650
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sorry, I am new to this Clover thing. What is meant with update Clover? Should I do this on my Hackintosh or on the USB-stick? Does this update erase my Kexts? I am asking because I forgot to save my last Multibeast Settings and am not sure if I can recreate them so easily and right now everything works fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Updated direct from 10.14.2 to 10.14.4 using Software Update without updating Clover (using r4769-UEFI currently). No kexts updates either. Update took about 30 minutes. Everything (graphics, audio, network, usb) working perfectly!

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
Intel Core i7 6700K
Radeon RX 580
16 Gb RAM
Crucial SSD 500Gb

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Ranger
CPU
1231-v3
Graphics
RX 580