Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you but the latest release is 1.3.6...

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see that it had just been updated... :oops:
Capture.JPG

10.14.3 to 10.14.4 via app store update. Upgraded clover to 4862 from 4769, updated to Apple ALC 1.3.6, Lilu 1.3.5 and Whatevergreen 1.2.7 as per info in this thread. Ran like that a couple days just to make sure it was all good. Today disconnected all drives except install one (old habits??LOL) and did the install...took about 15 minutes, started install and then left to make a coffee :) Come back and it was waiting for setup info.

Thanks everyone for all the info in this thread, made this a very painless update!

This was by far the scariest of all updates I've encountered. The first reboot landed on a blank, black screen. My son came asking what was wrong an hour later. Turned out there was a mouse but nothing more. The keyboard only beeped at me.

A couple of reboots, then a snapshot restore, then a "hey, let's try that again" lead to a couple days of a system that wouldn't boot to system, restore or from USB. It was the oddest thing. Today I updated my BIOS and started over with a fresh USB and Clover config. The Mojave installer wouldn't boot so I walked away. Came back and the system had rebooted and was now at the login screen. :clap::crazy: And "about" states I'm at 10.14.4.

[EDIT 11apr]
Spoke too soon. I can boot from a fresh usb only to the system, not recover or the installer on the usb. I have nearly the same setup as Pastrychef's z370 which looks like he was able to update. I did notice that this update does place a firmware into the apple folder on EFI. Haven't been able to look at the failed boot logs to see what the last 3 lines are before the screen goes blank. I let it sit blank for an hour and a half last night before shutting down. [pic shows where it stalls, then a few lines zoom by before blanking out]

[EDIT an hour later]
Ran the official clover installer (4910) and selected 'customize' so I could reinstall the ApfsDriverLoader and AptioMemoryFix drivers. BAM! I can now boot from the system disk with no apparent issues... yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7077.JPG
    IMG_7077.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Panic and lookups for about 20 minutes, then it was fine.
Have verbose always on, system seemed to hang too long) screen photo attached. There is a looooong blank screen before output then restart again. Luckily I was distracted looking up strings and let computer sit when it rebooted and all seems fine with this update.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1180.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1180.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 190
Hi,
Updated Clover, Kexts - FakeSMC, Lilu...
Reboot, pc went into a cyclic reboot. After the removal of the voodoo.kext updated successfully!
This saves the day

i updated from app store from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 went well without issues but i had to first update clover and kexts files to get the update other than that no issues even my Nvidia Gt-710 Graphic card work like a charm :)

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 10.38.21 PM.png

Hello All,

i have an issue :

currently running 10.14.3.
Running latest clover 4862 from Tonymac.
Updated to Lilu 1.3.5, WhateverGreen 1.2.7.

Download either combo or classic update
Installing then reboot for first time : Apple is displayed, progression bar stucked at 75%.

Using Verbose display while selecting Installing From Mac OS, i have the following report (see picture)

Any idea folk ?

Attachments

• IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 201
With regards to the ALC1150 issue with sound being lost with sleep, there was a recent change to AppleALC to fix what appears to be the same issue for the ALC1220 series. I figured it'd be worth a shot to apply the same change to the 1150 definitions as well. It appears (so far) to have resolved the issue on my system.

Try the attached kext if you have the issue
Thanks Greg. This fixed my ALC1150 no sound after sleep issue on Z97X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back