Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bricked my Hackintosh. Now I'm installing 10.14.0 :(

This might help someone with my same limited skill set but enough OCD to persevere:
I had a disaster with the 14.4 update probably because I missed the part about updating Lilu and particularly updating Clover.
I could not recover from it and get 14.3 to boot again.
Even restoring from a Clone and reinstalling Clover from Multibeast failed to get OSX to boot without the Unibeast key.
Fortunately I had a copy of my configp.
I reconstructed the EFI starting by copying the EFI on the Unibeast key to the Mojave drive and successively restored the EFI to where it was prior to the 10.4 disaster.
Lesson learned: copy the entire working EFI file to a backup source.
Then updating Lilu with Kext beast and updating to Clover 4895, not the one on this site, and closely monitoring the reboots during the update--Clover did not automatically go to the correct boot source during installation restarts--I was able to update to 14.5
Second lesson learned: Clover Configurator, even the latest version, is not reading or saving the configp file in Mojave even though it mounts the EFI partition.
Thank you. I totally ate crap and am reinstalling 10.14.0. I'm sorry I'm not totally clear on a lot of this. When you say update clover do you mean the Bootloader? and where do I find the latest newest versions of Lilu?

Updated successfully to 10.14.4. after updating Clover to 4895.
The update process was with the black screen, I thought it was stuck but decided to wait. After 20 min. the system has restarted twice and finally done.
Some issues:
- Very slow Clover boot after update.
- Some extra boot options appear in Clover.
Any ideas?

UPD.
Have removed from drivers64UEFI:
- AudioDxe-64.efi
- DataHubDxe-64.efi
- SMCHelper-64.efi
Clover starts booting much faster.

Last edited:
Updated successfully: Pc - GA-Z87M-D3H - Intel I5 - EVO 850 SSD -Mojave 10.14.4
Just update Clover and reinstall Apple HDA

With regards to the ALC1150 issue with sound being lost with sleep, there was a recent change to AppleALC to fix what appears to be the same issue for the ALC1220 series. I figured it'd be worth a shot to apply the same change to the 1150 definitions as well. It appears (so far) to have resolved the issue on my system.

Try the attached kext if you have the issue
I´ll try it later today. Thank you for your hint.

I made sure to un-hide the volumes I had hidden for Clover because I remember seeing an extra "preboot" volume during the last updates (as I did this time as well). Backed up the EFI, installed via MAS, after a couple of reboots and about 25 minutes all is well.

EDIT: CRAP, USB volumes aren't loading for some reason.

Same here, supper happy about the update, but turns out my Backup SSD in USB case is not loading. I can boot from it easily, so it's working fine, but i just don't see it in the OS.

Everything went fine for me! 15 minutes top, 3 restarts. I do not use the onboard sound, I use an old Apogee One with no drivers. "ApfsDriverLoader-64" and "AptioMemoryFix-64" are installed since 10.13 if I remember right. Clover updated. Lilu, Whatevergreen and Novajpeg updated and installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts to avoid problems during the install. Same steps I followed for every Mojave update, and it went smooth each time!

Last edited:
With regards to the ALC1150 issue with sound being lost with sleep, there was a recent change to AppleALC to fix what appears to be the same issue for the ALC1220 series. I figured it'd be worth a shot to apply the same change to the 1150 definitions as well. It appears (so far) to have resolved the issue on my system.

Try the attached kext if you have the issue
Wow, I was desperate and gave a try to your kext, I don't know what you did but looks like it's working good! Thank you very much! Could you please point me to the thread regarding this ALC1220 behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back