Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update went fine for me on Clover 4895. 4 reboots, ~15 minutes.

Updated Clover 4862 and 10 mn later :

Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 16.38.06.jpg

0 problems. Updated easier then my "real" 2012 MBP, was sure to back up first with CCC just in case but it went without a hitch once I got the installer to just keep running.

Update worked perfectly when following the initial instructions at the start of this thread.

ez

latest clover as of today
new lilu
new whateverGreen
new appleALC
software update from settings
BAM

Last edited:
This might help someone with my same limited skill set but enough OCD to persevere:
I had a disaster with the 14.4 update probably because I missed the part about updating Lilu and particularly updating Clover.
I could not recover from it and get 14.3 to boot again.
Even restoring from a Clone and reinstalling Clover from Multibeast failed to get OSX to boot without the Unibeast key.
Fortunately I had a copy of my configp.
I reconstructed the EFI starting by copying the EFI on the Unibeast key to the Mojave drive and successively restored the EFI to where it was prior to the 10.4 disaster.
Lesson learned: copy the entire working EFI file to a backup source.
Then updating Lilu with Kext beast and updating to Clover 4895, not the one on this site, and closely monitoring the reboots during the update--Clover did not automatically go to the correct boot source during installation restarts--I was able to update to 14.5
Second lesson learned: Clover Configurator, even the latest version, is not reading or saving the configp file in Mojave even though it mounts the EFI partition.

10.14.3 went fine, but 10.14.4 does not like something. At reboot it hangs. I am trying to figure out where exactly it hangs.
same here, solved with latest clover 4862 & updated kexts
Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 07.58.49.png

Last edited:
My update via download (not App Store) went fine. It took a long time like an hour on a spinning platter hard drive. Update spawned a couple of drives (virtual drives in ram?). I didn't need to update Clover or Lilu (yet).

Specs - Lenovo ThinkCentre m91p (i5 2400, rx 580 Sapphire, 6 gig ram, edimax EW-7822ULC)

Last edited:
Worked fine on my 2013 MacBook Air with upgraded 480 GB NVMe SSD. (Had to buy TTPro 11 since my version 10 is not compatible with Mojave. No way will I "upgrade" to Mojave on my Hacks.)

issue with the latest public beta. I have a ALC1150 audio device, injected with AppleALC.kext.
After a sleep period no audio.
Gave a try to CodecCommander too without success, but just installed previous version Lilu 1.3.4 with latest AppleALC 1.3.6 and sound is OK again after sleep, will continue some tests.

EDIT: it's far from being perfect, my motherboard is equipped with ALC1150, installing Lilu 1.3.4 and AppleALC 1.3.6, sound is back after wake from sleep but will disappear if not used for a moment... For example, I run iTunes just after sleep, music can play forever but if I stop and try to play something again seconds later, theres's no sound and it won't come back unless I reboot.

Same problem here. I have also ALC1150. What helped for me is to install the CodecCommander.kext and set dark wake to 8 in Clover Boot Settings.

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back