CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
First updated WEG, Lilu and AppleALC, then Clover, rebooted and did the update to 10.14.4. Everything is working fine. Thank you to everyone.

Motherboard
MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ouch!
In preparation for the MacOS Update, I used the clover configurator to upgrade Clover from 4765(I think) to 4895.
Mounted the EFI. Selected 'update clover package' in configurator.
Reboot. The clover icons all look different. White background instead of black.
Select Boot MacOS from SSD1, as usual. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
Select Boot Recovery from Recovery. Watch the system reboot, and reboot, and reboot.
These are my only two boot options.
Obviously, I screwed up clover somehow.

I can no longer boot to the OS. Help?

Any ideas what I did wrong?
Sounds like your clover drivers might be outdated for this version. I would save config.plist and rebuild efi and update kexts as well... good luck

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
i5 9600k
Got this resolved ? Got the same problem. /edit: updating went fine though
Same here, update itself went flawless but starting at the first reboot during the update I also get the "The system has POSTed in safe mode" message. Going in the bios by pressing F1 (only option) and immediately out of the bios allows me to boot.

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest kexts before updating and managed to successfully boot on 10.14.3 using this clover version and latest kexts. 10.14.4 gives the bios error.

Motherboard
GigaByte-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Had the same issue just now. Solved it by copying the config.plist I had from the previous Clover version, to the new Clover folder. Some boot arguments were missing on the new one (dart=0 and nvdisable etc). Now off to test the 10.14.4 update (I have a Gigabyte motherboard with SMBIOS 18,3). Let's see how it goes.
Thank you. I had to boot from the UniBeast disk, but I have gotten the box back up, with clover v 4769.
This time clover updated to v 4895 with no problems. I swear, I followed the same steps.

MacOS Update 10.14.4 just booted, so I will call it a win.

But, every time I have to change something in clover, or clover itself, there is pain and mystery involved.
Clover is still a black box.

Motherboard
Asus H370M-Plus
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Pulse RX580 8GB
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Same here, update itself went flawless but starting at the first reboot during the update I also get the "The system has POSTed in safe mode" message. Going in the bios by pressing F1 (only option) and immediately out of the bios allows me to boot.

Updated to Clover 4895 and the latest kexts before updating and managed to successfully boot on 10.14.3 using this clover version and latest kexts. 10.14.4 gives the bios error.
Yes that is exactly the same issue i am having. Hope somebody gots a solution. Trying to find out...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
i did the update and everything went well except that now i dont have usb support
can someone help ?
I had the same problem and i was able to fix it by creating a custom SSDD for my motherboard. It could sound complicated but thanks to a tutorial on youtube, I was able to create mine in no time.
If you prefer a more in depth guide check this one out
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
I hope you can solve your problem very soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I upgraded my system from 10.14.3, using the system preferences tab. At first the system was hanged at message something about Abnormal exited = 1; then I copied all of my texts from /L/E to EFI/Clover/kexts/Others folder and then it could properly update to 10.14.4.

I use a USBMap kext for my Mo Bo. I don't know if it has something to do or not with the upgrade, but after installing the new version, my wired aluminum Apple keyboard with numeric keypad, is neither recognized at Bios nor Clover boot. I need to disconnect all other external USB/USB-C devices to get my keyboard properly working. Otherwise, I must use a spare Razor keyboard USB3 to select the booting device or modify the Bios.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks, cheers.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
But, every time I have to change something in clover, or clover itself, there is pain and mystery involved.
Clover is still a black box.
Yes, same here,'pain and mystery', trial and error,
or like a blind man at an orgy.

I had the exact same problem and was in an infinite boot after direct update in Clover to 4895.

After a boot via usb, an EFI mount and restore
+ Clover update to 4862, from Tonymacs Downloads / Cloverbuilds
+ install of latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kext,
everything is working again, very happy with it.
This seems a bumpy update compared to previous ones