Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else use FileVault2 with APFS and have issues with Clover automatically choosing the correct volume to initiate the update after the initial reboot from system preferences?

My update was ultimately successful but I had to baby it because Clover chooses the last booted volume (not the volume that triggers the update). Instead I have to manually choose the "Boot macOS Installer from Preboot" at the first reboot from System preferences. It seems like Clover doesn't know which volume to choose when an update is in progress. FileVault and APFS work otherwise flawlessly so it's not a huge deal, just annoying during updates.

Don't work
"macOS 10.14.3 Update can't be installed on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."
View attachment 382003
As it’s thread has said many times before the combo update doesn’t work. System preferences software update worked for me.

Update worked smooth, but I lost sleep. Have anyone encountered this ?

Does anyone else use FileVault2 with APFS and have issues with Clover automatically choosing the correct volume to initiate the update after the initial reboot from system preferences?

My update was ultimately successful but I had to baby it because clover chooses the last booted volume (not the volume that triggers the update). Instead I have to manually choose the "Boot macOS Installer from Preboot" at the first reboot from System preferences. It seems like Clover doesn't know which volume to choose when an update is in progress. FileVault and APFS work otherwise flawlessly so it's not a huge deal, just annoying during updates.
On my Aspire E5-575-33BM booting installer from Preboot (in Clover) was the only restart I had when upgrading from 10.14.2 -> 10.14.3.

Now it's getting nasty with the missing Nvidia Webdrivers update. This update includes a cloud update but you need Mojave to install it. I use the cloud because I write a lot and the cloud works also in Windows so I can check the spelling on both platforms. (Word on a Mac finds different mistakes than Word in Windows and vice versa in the latest Word version, Dutch) and I want it to be perfect.

thank you for sharing.

now downloading the update.

Well after the Nvidia driver update everything here came back ti live like it should butter smooth well kind off.

Direct update from Apple. No issues. Audio fine. USB (manually assigned using Rehabman method) all working.

So if you have a nVidia card you cannot update to Mojave? Never?
As of today, no. However, in the future, we'll have drivers, but, when, nobody knows.

This subject is now off topic for this thread. There are several threads on this topic in the Graphics and Mojave Desktop Support forum sections. Any more posts on Nvidia drivers will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back