Contribute
Register

macOS 10.14.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried yesterday to download the updated installer app. On the App Store it said 10.14.3 , but 10.14.2 was downloaded. Has anyone managed to download 10.14.3 app from App Store?

Smooth as silk install on my Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 7 build. Updated from 10.14.2 via the Software update app, took around 10 minutes all up. One concern though was both my Dell DP 4K screens went black after the first reboot for a while, but I waited and the came back after it rebooted for the third(?) time. All things still working, iMessage, Airdrop...
View media item 191624

Admittedly it was nerve wrecking to see my machine get updated and wonder will it even come back? It did and surprisingly it went smoothly. Whew!!! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 7.48.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 7.48.54 AM.png
    572.1 KB · Views: 279
Admittedly it was nerve wrecking to see my machine get updated and wonder will it even come back? It did and surprisingly it went smoothly. Whew!!! :)
This is why we suggest always making a bootable clone of your system drive first. Makes updates stress free.

@jaymonkey, one question (an honest one, I swear). Why work so hard to keep the HFS+ file format?

@inarush,

Its a fair question, the answer is I have a complex partition structure ( 10 partitions) on the 1TB NVMe in my laptop :-

1tbnvme.png

As you can see I multi-boot MacOs, Windows10 and Linux ... I do a lot of development work and having read posts of APFS trashing non Apple NVMe's I simply don't trust APFS not to screw it up. Besides it not a complex or long process .. takes around ~10 mins total when using Carbon Copy Cloner.
  • Clone existing/current HFS+ MacOS Partiton on NVME to APFS Partition on TB/USB-C SSD (~10 mins)
  • Copy EFI from NVMe to USB-C SSD EFI
  • Boot from USB-C SSD and run Mojave delta Updater (~10 mins)
  • Clone APFS Partition on TB/USB-C SSD to HFS+ MacOS Partition on NVMe (~10 mins)
Additionally as reported by quite a few users and confirmed by myself on my desktop hack, APFS performance still not does not match HFS+ on non Apple NVMe's/SSD's.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Pre Update Notes:
:ch: Check to make sure your config.plist USB patch is:​
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>USB 10.14 by PMHeart,FredWst</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g/sPD4MDBQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
               <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g/sPkJCQkJCQ
           </data>

The patch above does work.

One more patch to really break 15-port limit.

Another one to fix port names beyond 15. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-port-limit-patch-for-14-1-14-2-14-3.268893/

can you tell me how to update this kexts. just copy latest kexts and replaced old one. or used Special Application to install latest kexts. i little confuse. and one more thing apple ALC, Whatevergreen and lilu kexts update both location LE and EFI Clover Other Folder ?

@iPrakash,

See this guide for help and advice on installing kexts :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

You should install all 3rd party kexts (Including FakeSMC) in the /L/E folder
The only critical kext you need in Clover/Kexts/Other is a copy of FakeSMC + any kexts required to run MacOS Recovery.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Everything went well, from system preferences. Acceleration works fine, USB and USB-C too.

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.53.27 AM.png

Actually, I think I lost audio. I use an interface usually but wouldn't mind having it working though. Anyone pulling it off with Realtek1220?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back